Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Saturday Nite Out - Tun Fatimah Style

So, it looks like I will be attending the STF old gals fund raising dinner this Saturday night after all. The Clients whose tender I am working on has decided to give us some space to breathe by giving us a two-week extension and I finally found myself without a good excuse not to go. Plus, as I mentioned before, it’s time this Srikandi awake from her slumber and contribute to the school by gracing the event with her presence. Aye?

Actually, I am a bit nervous; you know meeting old friends or old seniors (who may just think they can still stick three fingers down my throat while getting me to sing DO RE MI FA SO LA TI DO). What if I don’t know what to say? You know how flat-toned and bored I can look without even intending to be so! It just gives people the wrong ideas! No, to those old-gals reading this, please know that I am interested in what you say..it’s just that I just look like this! My apologies in advance sweethearts! Plus, there are issues of what to wear and more importantly, what to wear to make me look slim plus how to put up my hair and what shoes will go with what etc..etc..And people, tell me, how do you lose like 10 kilos in 3 days???

I invited N, but he decided to not go with me. He didn’t want to deal with Old Gal crap I suppose. Which I totally understand. I mean, no man I know so far is willing to endure an all girl school reunion without falling asleep in between or on the other extreme being scared out of his skin with the shrieks and screams that we will be displaying in delight or at shock and/or horror at meeting old friends. Without a gun stuck at his head, of course! So, I am actually grateful that he actually understood that my invite to him was just a matter of formality, and that I didn’t really want him to attend cos if he did, I wouldn't be able to be the "Old Gal" me eh?? *naughty winks* Heh! Which is why when he said, “No.” I just smiled wide, and said a quick “OK!” No follow-up or persuasion of any form shall be pursued in any way.

I am glad though that I will be there with my best pals from the old dorm; Linda and Jaja. Just with them there; I am guaranteed an awesome time. And at least Jaja and Linda shall even out the flat-toned-ness aura around me. They’re such wonderfully high-pitched shrieky pals. I love them to tiny little bits! Nevermind the shock and horror of meeting whoever-whoever, if there are any I should be shocked with lah. I am almost certain that I shall be “pleasantly” shocked. The Srikandis never fail to delight me most of the time, anyway.

So, we will be at the Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel this Saturday night, in full traditional galore. As nervous as I am, I’m actually quite quite excited over the prospect of this. I just know this will be fun. Well, it’d better be! In the meantime, there’s lots to do. I mean shrinking your legs, bums and tums has got to be a full time job eh? And in three days at that? Wish me luck!

24 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am so excited for you. C'mon kiddo you will shock them pleasantly. Look at yourself...what a terrific person you have become. No need for any sort of makeovers for you. I'll (We'll) take you Just the way you are~~``````

Don't go changing, to try and please others
Just know that you never let anyone down
Don't imagine you're too fat or boring
Don't let them shave your legs and arms
I and other bloggers wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far if we were to grumble
We take your sublte charm and the flat-tonerism
And we (sure as hell) will take you just the way you are~~~`

(Words ONLY slightly edited from Billy J's song - Just The Way You Are) :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

Maya sings and i mime.

And do a jiggly dance too.

Have fun O Srikandi U.

10:51 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Maya!!!!!: You've got me singing that song all day now! But really, at least half of my bum HAS TO GO!!!

Oody: I just love it when you do that jig! :)

Noni: KOSONG-KOSING???? Not until I get to shove three fingers down YOUR throat! ahaks! Just joking..Call me k? WHat will you be wearing by the way??

Nefernotti: Could it be that there's just too much of me to lurrve?? You know what they say; too much of something aint always good honey!

11:10 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

anedra,
wear stripes!!! Put the hair up high in a tight tight bun and wear heels-on-platform. The operating word here is to look CYLINDRICAL. Optic illusion so you must always stand beside spheres. Round tables, good. Long tables avoid. Dont go near tiang tiang also. Dont use chopsticks either!

Oody Norell

12:42 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Dena, wear BLACK!! Go out and buy a nice, long, sexy & classy black dress.
That works everytime!! Have fun!!!

And make sure take pics ya?? I love to see "dress-up" pics!!!

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dena,

See you there!!! Don't worry, up till now i still have nothing to wear for the dinner, especially during my 6 months pregnancy. Any suggestion? I guess, i have to shop around on Saturday.

Aske'

3:08 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

noni: I was born to wear the saree!

oody norell: thanks! VERTICAL stripes!! you're a genius! now i gotta go call the organisers to make sure that my table is Round and that I wont be sittng near any poles! Jom?? Nak gi?

ailin: If i go join u, i may not make it back in time for dinner!!

Blabs: Yup!! Was thinking the same..Willdefinitely post pics although I'm not so the dress up type!!

Aske': We're sitting at the same table..so i will definitely see you. make sure I get to sit furthest from the tiang tho, ok!

4:11 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

noni: any chance of them serving chinese food?? cos if it is so, I gotta go change the menu before it's too late! No chopsticks too remember? Whyla did i get myself into this!!?

oh, was just about to tell oody norell the same about the norma version!

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 weeks extension? a-ha

you owe me an article/story, cough it up, cough it up...

really, you can do it, just imagine that u r blogging

HA HA HA

1:12 PM  
Blogger dillazag said...

Dena,

See you there.. Lucky you to be able to oogle at Anuar Zain up close -- you guys are signed at the corporate table.We will be at the end of the hall, having placed at the 1800 srikandi table. heh heh heh :)

Noni -- I'd love to stick three fingers up YOUR mouth too..

Aske' - happy oogling to you too...

-Dillz

8:33 PM  
Blogger rose said...

Dena,
insyaAllah we'll see each other if we both are not trapped in our own groups and get to move around *wink* I'll assure you that it'll be a night to be remembered *LOL*
Have Fun :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

atn: haha! tak leh tengok orang senang lah kek ten ni! Ok..ok will cook up something and force myself to write!!


dilla: see you!

rose: say hello if u recognise me!

8:56 PM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Dena : Why worry? You will look fine OK.there are worst people (older, more gemuk etc etc) than you. If I go, I would be the one sitting next to a pillar or behind it. Nanti org tengok pun org kata, aiyooo, mai dari kampung mana tuuuu (mincung sikit bibir kat "tuuu".

Have FUN ok!!

p/s If anyone asked for AuntyN, you'll be able to brag that you have met me in person (PERASAAAANN no!!!! hehehe)

10:54 PM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

let ur hair down and have fun, beautiful!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dena dear..

see u saturday ok..cant wait to meet one of my favourite bloggers in person..
will try and carik u in between my "buat buat sibuk".
which batch are u again?
it will be fun, I tell ya...

muahzzz

ae84

12:35 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

auntyN: jom lah pi??? tak mau ka??

torts: I WILL! *naughty NAUGHTY winks!*

ae84: I'm batch 92. will be sitting at one of the corporate tables. supposedly 4 rows from the front or something like that. Most likely will be in a pinkish baju kurung if not a pinkish saree! hehe..

2:08 AM  
Blogger About Blogreader said...

Break a leg! You've read enough books on how to look good as it is, so you'd better break both legs.

7:30 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

reading is one thing..now doing it and looking the part is a whole different story!
we'll see how it goes ya?

5:29 PM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

When old gals come together - we are 17 all over again and trust me no one will notice the 10 kgs cos they will be busy gabbing and catching up on anything & everything under the sun.

Ours is on the 20th of May at Shangri-La and its themed the 70s. Got to look for an Afro wig!

Enjoy the fun time and hang loose!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Hazyr said...

Ohh, you'll be at the corporate table ke? Don't forget to smile when you pass by the 'cheapskates' like me who'll be sitting at the far end of the ballroom ok..hehe..

*Wished k. Norzie would come too*

Ryzah

p/s Found my old school blazer for the fashion show/ GJC exhibition and looking at the blazersuit, I realised that my waist has expanded almost twice the size since schooltime! hurghhh..

12:49 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Imagine all those girls in one place at the same time. In their nice clothes. Matching shoes, and handbags.

I gotta be there as car jockey.

Where way is Sunway? Oh okay, got me a map right here.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deyne & Concreterose,
Have fun at the dinner. I demand pictures pictures and pictures, okay. I'm sure you'll be fine and will manage to look gorgeous anyhow :-)! Send my love to Ja as well.
Loves,
aa@ny

6:04 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

lifebloom: yours sounds like fun! we'll be in kurungs and what nots. all prim and proper..but it dont matter! we'll be having fun anyways!!

hayzr: wave a flag from your end k so that I can see you! hehe! ;p but seriously, if i don't see you, come over for some hugs yes??

bergen: Boy! park my car please; and take good care of it! heheh!

concreterose: see ya! eh..tak aci lah bawak laki!!

aa@ny: we'll be missin you! and surely wil be thinking of you! muahhs!

7:03 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

swan: I sucked it in alright!! But I must've done that only when I left the car! Once I was in the ballroom I was too excited to think of it!!

Noni: so u'r THAT kak Noni! I remember all too well now! :)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home