Friday, May 06, 2005

Conversations with N Junior

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

n junior : mama why are you crying?
mama (pretending to cry) : cos I have no more money after buying you all those
chocolates.
n junior : don't cry mama.. later, i will telephone the taxi man and go to the
kedai and buy you a CD.
mama : but what CD will you buy me?
n junior : how about Power Rangers? you are Red Power Rangers and I am the Blue One
mama : But you don't have any money
n junior : No.. I have banyak! I'll show you.

After a very short wait, he proudly shows me the money..in Papa's wallet.

Pandai anak mama..


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

N Junior : Mama, Natasya (his classmate) says GIRLS HAVE FLOWERS and BOYS HAVE BIRDS
Mama (a bit terkejut with his statement) : What do you mean?
N Junior : I said, Natasya says GIRLS HAVE FLOWERS and BOYS HAVE BIRDS
Mama : Is that so?
N Junior : But I don't have a bird. Can you go and buy me one tomorrow at the kedai?
Mama : But why?
N Junior : Because I SAID GIRLS HAVE FLOWERS AND BOYS HAVE BIRDS. Natasya said so.
I DON'T HAVE A BIRD. Please mama..Buy me a bird ok?
Mama : I think Natasya meant something else
N Junior with a big sigh : Tak nak cakap dengan mama lah!

I didn't handle it well I guess. I do think Natasya was referring to female and male private parts. RIGHT??? N Junior hasn't grasped this "sexuality" concept yet. Maybe its because in our family whether its a male or a female, your genitals are called "tun-tun" (pronounced "toon-toon"). Why? I don't know, that's just how it is.. So how do you explain female and male concepts to a 4 year old like him?? Flowers and birds are a bit too complicated analogies for kids his age.

I wonder if Natasya walks around school with flowers?

Maybe, I should by him a bird anyway?

2 Comments:

Blogger shidah said...

i'll always love conversations with kids! the best way is, just tell him the truth- if you have start with Toon2, then explain to him girls have a different look of toon2, sometimes called flower, etc...etc.... happy expalining :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

shidah - thanks for the tip. i asked him just last weekend what's the difference between girls and boys? He said"teacher said, girls walk first, boys walk later"..and apparently, thats all there is to it! :)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home