Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Week that Was

It’s been a long, long time and I was beginning to get used to the idea of not being hooked up to the net although the computer at home was all the time seeming to be luring me to switch it on. But I didn’t succumb, except for that lovely night of chatting with Ely and KakTeh’s R. And so far, it's been great. Although i have to admit, I did think of you. A lot.

I took a week off work after the bid I was working on was submitted. We flew to Miri for the submission and were ahead of schedule (wooohoooo!); which was great. Great; because that meant I had time to book myself an hour’s session of pampering at the spa of the hotel we were staying in. I had myself a Balinese facial and bliss it was indeed! I had no idea that everything they used was organic and that I could practically eat everything that was smothered on my face, from the yogurt to the lemon-honey-lime thing and of course the cucumbers. Have you ever stopped to smell at cucumbers before? Heavenly; they are (especially when it's smothered ice-cool on your face). Heavenly. Just like how heavenly the grass smells right after rain or just as heavenly as grass smells right after it’s cut. Yes, as heavenly as that.

Anyway.

The week was spent running around getting things done; like finally registering Nasar into a school. Yes, he’ll be in Standard One next year, and guess who is feeling old, old and old? As for Nasri, we spent a lot of manja time together. Him, his big bro and the mama. I realized that my boys laugh a lot and that Nasri’s laugh is exceptionally contagious. We caught movies, painted pictures, made a scrap book of leaves (don’t ask me what leaves, cos I can’t name em); caught tadpoles in our pond and took drives around the neighbourhood when it wasn’t raining. Which was awesome. Even more awesome than the Balinese facial with the everythingonyourface-you-can-eat menu. Fun.

N decided to also take the week off with me so that we could have a “wholesome” family time together. Actually, he never said so but I’d like to think so. Hehe. BUT, what I found out was, that he could really drive me nuts. And by the end of the week, I was praying really hard that he’d just go back to work so that he’d get off my case and not have to follow me everywhere. Goodness! Now I know what mom felt when dad finally retired. (But we know she loves him fiercely no matter how muich he bugs her!) We women do treasure what little’s left of our freedom! It takes some getting used to, I guess. But for now, I like the idea of him being at the office 5 days a week, and only have him during the weekends! Especially when I’m on leave!

The week was good until the Friday when Boss called for meetings over the weekend. Plus the in-laws came over unannounced (don’t you just love to have in-laws?) which disrupted my girls night out on Friday. SO from Friday night onwards, it was all downhill for me. Good things don’t last forever I suppose.

So that’s that. I am quite well rested despite the unplanned events over the weekend and albeit being a wee bit disgruntled over it! (It’s Monday morning, I am allowed to sulk.) I’ve still not tuned myself to get into blogging mode yet. Plus, there is still tons to do! I have that story to write, which I’ve hardly started (Ceti! Sorry!) and I have this pile of stuff on my desk that needs to be looked into and I'm so not looking forward to it.

Have a good Monday everybody.
I need another holiday please!

13 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

concreterose: sob!sob!wail!wail!wail!!!!! ..and I missed the clown yesterday as well!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Arena said...

huhuhu,

so need another holiday too..nak pergi jalan..nak pergi jalan..

9:27 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Cucumber sauce - Greek food isn't Greek without it.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

D, good for you..all that stuff on your face :)

As for me, still stuck with tons of work..so much so that I actually missed a dinner event with the great Shah Rukh Khan...*SIGH*

Hope hubby realizes the extent of this sacrifice! He must feel good I chose him over SRK and I just try and make sure he feels deeply obligated abt it :)

Miss you and STILL no sign of meeting up, eh? !!!!!

11:11 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

concreterose: cant wait for amriejie to come back!

arena: go! go! go!! and have fun!

bergen: ooooh...and feta cheese too! I wonder how it would feel to have feta cheese smothered on the face?

maya: per my sms to you maam..HOW COULD YOU MISS SHAH RUKH KHAN?????

6:29 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

You've updated! Glad to have you back! (Now I'm the absentee!) Btw, I was meandering through the rows of computer shops over at Low Yat Plaza abt 2 weeks ago with MrD, when suddenly a group of burly men dressed in black "moved" (ie. shoved) me aside with their bulk and saying "Minta lalu! Minta lalu!" - then someone bumped my shoulder and I turned to see who it was. Couldn't really see coz his head was bent down and he was using shades, .. IN a shopping complex. But because the burly men had created their own little traffic jam trying to squeeze this little guy into a path heading towards the escalator, I got a full view of Mr. Shah Rukh Khan right next to me.

Kecik jugek dia ek? Looks bigger on the screen. *laughs*

Now why couldn't that have been Brad Pitt or Hugh Grant or Jude Law or Jonny Wilkinson or Matt Damon or Mark Wahlberg? Because I probably would have pounced on them and wouldn't have let go. Even if MrD tried. *giggles*

8:52 PM  
Blogger About Blogreader said...

Aww man, I was just about to ask you about that story you had to write. (I'm a geek, right?) And another thing, how come when I'm hanging around Low Yatt Plaza no movie stars show up?

11:00 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

dont u just love it when the husband takes the time off too? they just WANT to follow u around naik rimas!

as for me, i would always take a day or 2 off when the kids are in school and the husband's at work. then theres just the cats, me and the tv. sunyi sepi...sungguh seronok!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Minta lalu Anedra .. nak (sambung) slap2 sikit muka si bisutulibuta tu!! *slap slap slap slap slap*

3:49 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

blabs: was soooo close to closing down..but my sister persuaded me not to! see how lah. Blabs, if it were Brad Pitt or in my case Bruce Willis, i would've feigned a swooned and dropped myself right at his feet. Even if N was there. haha!

Blogreader: Next time u go to Low yatt, bring Blabs. Maybe that'll work!

Ely: Ya lah..kacau daun betul! I had planned a nice quiet week of personal time to myself..and he had to join in! Haiyah!

bisutulibuta: I knew you'd come back; and I love yr stories. Later I buzz-buzz you, we talk-talk ok?

blabs: Yeah girl! Slap him! Slap him! Here, lemme give him a flying kick as well!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

I 've been internetless for a wek as well and no blogs either but I an okay. Never thought I' d survive it. But anedra - u dont want to hear abt my week, no u dont. And stop ding ding me..leave me a message lah!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Yoo hoo!! Where's Mrs N?

12:31 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

eh - week dah jadi month lah!
pssst, i read my previous comment here - my typo teruk ler! all alphabets faded from my keyboard...also my jari always terpele'ot!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home