Monday, January 21, 2008

Please Say "YES"?

I can’t describe my happiness when one of my oldest friends asked me to be her bridesmaid for her upcoming wedding. I said, “You mean gumuk gedempol me??? OF COURSE!!!!” Haha. You see, I’ve never been a bridesmaid before. Maybe it’s because I got married before all my friends did and was busy being pregnant when they got married. So naturally, I jumped at the offer, this would probably be my last chance anyways!

I was already planning what I’d wear, how I’d put up my hair, my exercise regime so that I won’t be overly gemuk gedempol on her wedding day, etc..etc.. Mental note: Must gelek extra at belly dancing class! Yaay! Already daydreaming on the shopping trips, hen party etc, etc! What a ball we’d have, as though I’m the one getting married instead.

I can’t wait and I so want to do this - BUT as with everything else in life, there’s always the anti-climax.


I am planning to get pregnant soon.

And if I do get pregnant this month, I’d be in my late second trimester on the wedding day. I can’t delay the pregnancy – I’m already 4 years behind schedule (or so my husband says..)

How aahh? Would it be okay for me to do the job?

Has anyone seen a very pregnant-water retentioned-leaking bladdered pengapit on stage before?

Ever?

17 Comments:

Blogger OOD said...

takpe.
But being pregnant, you'll probably be more radiant than pengantin - now that can be a problem. Never outshine the bride.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kalau pengantin nak, tak kisah how you look. i know i am prettier when pregnant ;) hahahhaha! *shidah*

6:00 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

oody and shidah:

I have yet to see myself radiant during pregnancy. Imagine this - clumsy-bloated-mak gajah. How?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Zara in Germany said...

been pengapit twice, but would be hard for you since you have the honours to betulkan kain, amikkan brg jatuh, tunduk2 lap tgn seme...a lot of work u won't expect. but if u can manage, give it a go

12:37 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

zara: hehehe..I already told her to have a back up plan just in case! I'd be so clumsy bumping my tummy into things! It'd be utter chaos, and wd so ruin her day!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Hey you ... glad to see you're still here :-)

Just go for it and join the bride in being radiant!

5:55 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

QOTH: Hey there yr Royal Highness! Yes, I am back - but don't know how long I can sustain this. Blogging is mighty hard work! Hehehe..takdak stamina - no inspiration either! (Sebenarnya mals - saja cari excuse)

2:41 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

ada..ada..

mak/kakak pengapit :)
'pengapit' jugak maaaa

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get pregnant first lah, then worry about the dress.

12:29 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

atiza: hehe - good one!

ailin: Not so worried about the dress actually, I cd wear a tent and I'd be fine! I'm that thick faced! Ya lah..must get pregnant first - but must also think ahead and have back up plans - just in case!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

how come i DID NOT KNOW that dena is preggy????????? am i that faaarrrrrrrrr awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy?????????????

anyway, congrats my dearest little friend. welcome to motherhood once again!!!!!!!!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ely:

darliinnngggg! PLEASE Re-read the entry.." I am PLANNING to get pregnant soon". Not yet lah, and as of now - still not pregnant yet. Sighhh.. Anyways, have missed ya! Your girls are growing to be real beauties! Siap lah nanti dgn parang and shotgun and all!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

oops u see, when u have a baby u begin to have selective reading.
hahaha.

hey, good luck! kerja kuat sikit boleh tak? hahahaha...

i miss u so much tooo!!!!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Yan said...

Yeaaa!! u're baaack bloggin!! ;)

7:13 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ely: oii, tengah kerja kuat la ni!! dah lama kita tak sembang eh?? Been busy -how bout u??

Yan: Helllooo..yes, I am bak - but don't know how much of a bloggers that's left in me at the mo! too much work laa..hehe.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

if u're busy, i am super super super busy my dear. with baby and new sales job, where got time in my hands. but i do think of u, ood and esp Nazrah a whole lot.

6:46 PM  
Blogger jacqui_woo said...

Dena, knowing you, you can be pregnant at the click of your heels! And I thought you were quite radiant with your other pregnancies!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home