Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Habis

It was the end of his weekly session with his speech therapist. He was smiling and slipping on his shoes having had a great time at the session.

Then, it happened.

He looked at me and then at Carmen, the therapist, and said; "Haaabis"; telling us that the session was over. Without being prompted, without us having to signal. A nice, clear "Habis" followed by a huge smile on his face.

Surely, not many will understand how great this is for us. That my son, nearing the age of 5 could actually say one simple no brainer word on his own. But for us, who went through years of therapy and so many physical and emotional hurdles - this is HUGE!

He made me so proud today, that nothing shall spoil my mood - not even the long evening planned for hard negotiations with my Clients and that I just had to update this blog to share it with the world!!

There is hope afterall. My little one has so much to teach me and I guess he's telling me to keep marching on, keep giving love without limits and have faith in him. Who knows what the future will bring, yes?

9 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Anedra, I can sense the pride, the happiness, the hope, the faith in your short entry ..... that it almost immediately made you blog about it after the "long holiday from blogging" speaks volumes too :-)

Glad to know you're all making good progress.

11:50 PM  
Blogger trueblue said...

That sounds great! I share your joy :)

1:05 AM  
Blogger meandbaby said...

Anedra, we are in the same shoe..i can almost feel the same pride when Danish did the same..and happiness in every milestone is the most precious gift ever...

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alahai sayang menantu omak!!!!


you will get there sayang! press on!syabas, u have definitely come a long way!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

anedra, this piece makes one old aunty very happy! I clicked here on the offchance to see an update and am happy that it is a happy entry.
am so so so happy.

3:37 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

thanks your royal highness! Rasa macam lama sangat tak jumpa! I've been really bad with my "housekeeping" on this blog! Tapinya, busy sesangat these days. Progress? Yes *grin* but there are good days and there are bad days. That day was one of the "excellent" days! Hehe.

Trueblue: thanks sweetheart

meandbaby: Ahhh, congratulations to you then. I so know how you feel! Keep hangin' tough aye?

nazrah: iyo lahhh. monantu tu dah boleh lah sikit2. nanti ese ajar dio cakap "aishah" pulak eh? muahhs

oteh: oh yes - good news indeed. Insyallah lah. slowly kan?

6:28 PM  
Blogger rose said...

he's starting slowly but steadily Dena :) he'll make you proud someday :D take care of you so that you can take care of them.
hugz

8:26 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Rose, yang "take care of me" to yang susah tu! hehehe! Thanks anyway dear!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Alhamdulillah!! What wonderful news!! It will only get better from here, Insha'Allah!

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home