Monday, May 22, 2006

And So She's Found Herself A Man..


News that my little sister has finally found herself a boyfriend has hit the airwaves. And naturally, being the big sistah that I am, I find myself being all worried over her and fussing about thinking if HE is treating her right, wondering whether they see each other a lot or too much or whether they hold hands (heeppppppp!!! Doncha touch my lil sis you hear!!) etc..etc, you know lah how it works.

I haven’t really met him. “Haven’t met him” meaning, I haven’t had the chance to interview him and get a background search done. Maybe I’ll do a body search as well. Who knows what these young men carry on them these days, kan? If possible, I want the Secret Service to go spy on him and them once in a while you know. Like how Pak Tam did on Dad when he was dating Mom. That’s just waaaaay cool. Perhaps, we should get the SWAT team as back up too. And if they ever get less than an arm’s length’s distance between each other, then Secret Service shall just have to barge in and disrupt any action happening..M16s..barettas, silencer,grenades and all. The Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Home Affairs shall be alerted and this big sistah shall get news that "everything’s taken care of Maam. Target is in safe hands. Mission accomplished. Over and out." Just so I can sleep well.

I did meet him once. As I said, it wasn’t really a meet. The thing is, it was at night and at our family barbecue. BUT, to be fair, from where I was sitting, he looked quite good actually that even the aunts were nodding with approval. So he scores - sort of. But this sistah won’t be fooled.. With the dim lights, smoke and all..who could tell whether he had street fight scars on his face, or looked like Kalimuthu? Lagipun, the aunties who smiled with approval were agak tua..You know what I mean? Lain kali datang siang, bagi tengok muka betul-betul! Lepas tu, apasal pakai cap malam-malam?? But I gotta give him some points lah, for trying...when he said to me that my lamb chops were the best he’d ever had. In this whole wide world. Haiya brader..I know all your tricks lah, TRY harder!

She told me yesterday that they went out for a movie recently. Movie?? Is that allowed?? Surely she needs to be chaperoned for that right? Surely she should inform me BEFORE she goes for the movie and not after the fact. Was it a horror action movie? Or was it just Chicken Little like (which would be ok lah)? Did he sit next to her? Did he try “The Move”? You know, where they pretend to yawn or stretch and stretch out their arms which suddenly, conveniently land on her shoulders? Did he take her to a kind of movie that she’d HAVE to cuddle up to him for protection from the evil spirits?

Deana, do you know movies are just a ploy for them to get physically close to you?? Adik, did you know all this?? Did you know that the cinemas are the place where all evil begins?? Did you?!

This is just so uncool. I hate feeling this way. I so want to be a cool understanding everything-ok sister. After all, I have been there and done that, as Deana would most readily remind me. Yes..yes..adik. But that was a long time ago, and it was different. The 90s were a totally different era, and the boys were..errr..safer? (haha!) Yeah right. Even I know it’s probably pretty much the same; this dating game we play.

But listen. Behind all the ISA-like interrogation, I understand. And I want you to experience this and have a good time. After all, love, at your age, is fun.. Keep an open mind. This relationship may last; it may not. (But if it looks like it will go far, make sure, he cleans and cooks!) Either ways, just make it a relationship that you will never look back at with regret. Above all, know your limits and STUDIES FIRST sweetheart. You know this big sistah is just looking out for you. I just don’t want to see you as an adult. You look better in diapers anyway. But, for your sake, oklah, I’ll admit this.. HE is rather cute and has great manners. Just tell him to lose the cap, ok?

And to the boy..Take care of that lil sis of mine. This is one sistah you don’t wanna mess around with.

Remember. YOU BREAK HER HEART, I’LL BREAK YOUR NECK.


28 Comments:

Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

muahahaha...i feel ya! i have 3 sisters under my wings.this kakak syndrome, is a disease i tell u. but i am loving it.

and i tell ya, it can be hell.

wait till u have a daughter!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i made him wear that cap.. he looks better with it.. u don't wanna see his curly afro hair... hehehhe :)

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more thing... WHy...WHYY... WHY do you have to blog about this??

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ammboiihh..garangnyeeee...

i takde adik pompuan, semua lelaki, yg lelaki pun takleh nak decide, dia dah suka, kitaorg ikut je

adik ipar lak semua pompuan, pun dah ada pilihan hati memasing..but true enough, kalau diaorg pe'apa-apa'kan adik-adik ipar saya tuh, siap la, settle with me first!

like kak nazrah said, walau pun nurin baeu 3 tahun, sakit kepala gak memikirkan apa akan jadi in future...iisskk...

10:03 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

nazrah: what's not to like about being a big sister kan?? sekurang-kurangnya we have the full rights to be GILA KUASA all out!

Yeah..wait till I have a daughter. Siap lah!

anon Deana: habih..rambut afro pun mau ka?? Love is blind eh? Why did I blog about it?? My blog what..

nohachomel: this kakak is memang garang! hehe.. cant imagine if I had a daughter. esp a teenage one. Oh I so want one tho..

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

camne plan for baby? any progress??

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure or not afro hair? he's balding for all you know. Or mohawk during daytime. Or he could be one of those with letters/obscene words at the back of their head.


scare or not?

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or he's a clan from whothat self proclaimed millionaire? curly afro hair..see the connection?


hihihihh good luck having sleepless nights.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Arena said...

Hahah this kakak sindrom doesnt only applies to lil sis tau.. with my lil bro pon kekadang i rasa cam tu. BUt what can I do.. emmmm observe and scrutinize? muhahhaha

12:34 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

nohachomel: plan ada..progress?? haha..not yet! kecut perut lah thinking of the pregnancy bit!!

rotidua: That's why lah...surely he's hiding something. Alamaks! Now that you mention it.. Curly afro hair..Dr Ellie clan?? Yikes!! Sah-sah le nak kena go check rambut dia jugak lepas ni!!

Arena: Tell me about it..I have one not so little bro. He's almost 30 yrs old, and even at that age, I'm still protective over him!!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Jo Kontan said...

Yeaaah !!

Wait till you have a daughter..

:-). I dunno what else you gonna break ?

1:58 AM  
Blogger Hajar said...

he he he... i dun have a big sis. nor do i have younger uns. i worry for myself. haha..

9:23 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

You funny!! But loving too!! I think it's sweet how your maternal instincts come out like this. Sister Deana may not appreciate it now, but she'll certainly look back with fondness, I'm sure!!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

oh oh, here the tiny...eh not tiny big sister's warning!

way to go sister!!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger MA said...

Fuyooo...the *protection*, I like !

Err..remind me of your *karatechop services* in 10 years' time when my OWN daughter probably bringing home a guy friend and announce :

"Mama, meet my boyfriend ".

I need you to swish swash some karate moves ;-)

7:33 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

jokontan: Aha..I know exactly where to aim my flying kick at next. and I tell ya..it WILL hurt, and he will remember it! Muahahahaha!!

narfy: you just wait lah.. nanti I dapat kabar berita dari SF pasal yr BF, siap lah. This SISTAH is here for you too ya know!



Jade: There's always me!! ;p

Blabs: Sometimes I look at it and laugh real hard. It reminds me of those good ol days u know. Except that i didn't have a paranoid psycho-sister to jaga me!

Ely: YEAHHH baby!!

Mak Andeh: No prob maam. But in 10 years time, I'll need your back-up lahh. In fact, when it comes to your daughter, I'm sure u will find the energy to karatechop him yourself!!! BUT anyhows, I AM AT YR SERVICE.

6:19 PM  
Blogger mommy@lif said...

i feel you dena! in fact my sis who has been going on steady with her bf for more than 3 yrs pon i asked her to keep her options open. hahaah we just want them to have the best kan? calitt sket!

10:27 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

bisutulibuta: You shd know eh?

aliff's mom: calitt!! I think sampai dia nak nikah pun I'll be like this! hehe.

11:06 PM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Can't imagine how is it going to be when Kak Long tells me that she has a bf. Possibly same as what you are experiencing now.

And it will be 4 fold for me, huhuhu.

*need to go buy some bricks to practise the karate chop now*

12:07 AM  
Blogger trueblue said...

Waahhh..takutlah kalau u jadi big sis I.. :)

1:39 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

aunt N: buy some extra bricks..for Mak Andeh!! I think KT would appreciate some karate lessons too!

trueblue: hehe..thank God u'r already married huh?? Selamaaaat..

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, this is such a FUN post that I just have 2comment.

I agree, it doesn't apply only to sisters. Masa my brother's gf angkat phone I terus tanye "Ni sapa? Apsal S* tak angkat phone dia? Ni kakak dia, panggil dia cepat"

And then I quickly drill my brother to tell-all about this new gf and BOOK appt to meet them. Heheh. Ape nak buat? Overprotective maaaa.. ;)

6:35 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

narfy: ok then..but if you need back-up..u know who to call ok. especially since ely is preggy at the mo! 3.5 weeks??? YEEEEEHAAAAA!

nenn: ohh, tell me about it! maybe I'll write about how protective I am over my bro after this! hi-5 sikit sistah!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Naz said...

hehehe.... well, i know how u feel. got a very much younger sister myself, and i reckon, i am something like that. trying to be the cool sister that everyone loves, but at the same time, i am a true monster when come to be over-protecting her. hehhee

anyways, we met during kakteh nye kenduri. *smiles*

2:52 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

CONCRETE ROSE: WE SHALL KARATE HIM TOGETHER!!! YEEE-HAAAA!

SWEETHUNEYZ: OMIGOD!! YOU KNOW WHAT..THRU-OUT THE WHOLE KENDURI I WAS TRYING TO PLACE U..COS I KNEW I'VE SEEN YR PHOTO SOMEWHERE! WAHHH! THANKS FOR THE INFO. NOW I CAN SLEEP COMFORTABLY!!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Uja said...

anedra, aku volunteer pasang GPS from Canada intai the boy nak? After all, dulu aku kerja dengan investigation unit of a law firm waaaatt...baiklah gunakan apa yang diajar oleh the Palestinian trainer untuk tolong kengkawan serata dunia, ye tak? :)

PS: Did I scare ur sister already? Hehehe

1:05 PM  
Blogger Naz said...

hehhee.... funny lah u... now dah leh sleep in peace, dah. hehe

uja, dasyat ah lu beb... sampai nak pakai GPS semua all the way from canada...?? hehe

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

you break her heart, u've got one crazy aunty to deal with!
hehe anedra, you do remember how we watch over you!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home