Thursday, August 24, 2006

Locked Up and Damned Frazzled

I sometimes wonder why I do the thing I do.

It’s been almost a week now. My team and I, under management instruction have been asked to lock ourselves up in a place away from office to work on a project with a ridiculous deadline.

Most would have jumped at the opportunity to be at a resort out of town, with a golf course sprawling outside our window, a kidney shaped pool inviting us to take a plunge even if it’s just for 10 minutes. And jump we did at the offer and the prospect of it all – initially. A break from the drab old office.

So, we’ve been here since Monday. Frantically working towards our Friday deadline. Going into our little meeting room at eight a.m and coming out only at 2-3a.m the next day, slotting in a few hours of sleep in between. Haven’t even stepped a toe into the swimming pool, let alone have a nice quiet soak in the tub in the room. I haven’t seen the world outside eversince we stepped in and have no idea what’s happened to the rest of the world. Errrr..Siti dah mengandung belum?

Management has been great though. They made sure that we'd get stuffed silly here with coffee breaks planned for us every other hour with trays of pastries and what not wheeled into our little work-room and unlimited access to whatever we want to eat. Not good, not good, especially for someone who’s supposed to be on a drop-dead-serious diet like moi. Tapi sebab dah stress kan, sumbat aje lah. Balik nanti baru piker pasal buns yang dah kembang ni.

Lantak.

On the bright side, N has been nice enough to get a room for the boys so that the mommy doesn’t feel so guilty to leave her boys hangin' dry at home during the school holiday season. So, I get my little hugs and kisses from the kids whenever the pass by to go to the pool (which is like ALL THE TIME!)accompanied by their MakTok and Atok who as always, are always there to give me their support (love ya!) and occassionally a few members of our clan yang tumpang semangkok nak berendam kat dalam pool. The last time I saw them they looked so tanned I could hardly recognize them!! And at least I get to give them their “good-night” kisses before I sleep and see them first thing in the morning before I start the day. So – GOD Bless My Lovely Bald (Sexy) N.
It is now Friday, and we should already be out of here, but clients being clients decided to give us a wee little extension at the eleventh hour and I’m not happy. Extensions come with extra demands from the bosses, and just when we were beginning to wrap up and go YAAAAHOOOOOO and see the light of the weekend, it now seems very dark again. It’s hard to keep the team’s momentum going when we’re just so drained; and when I am this close to losing whatever sanity I have left in me. Everynight I as i doze off to blissful Lala Land I scold myself silly for doing what I do. But Alhamdulillah, the guys I work with are fantastic, so my job is made easier. So, looks like, our lock up here is extended for another couple of days and may God strike lightening on those who plan to give us another extension (jahatnya aku), cos I so don’t want the comforts of this hotel anymore, I so just want to throw my laptop down a cliff somewhere and sleep in my little comfy no- star bed at home sweet home.

Like I said, I wonder why I do the thing I do. It just get’s worse. Not only am I on a longer lock-up and extra frazzled..looking at myself in the mirror today, it it is an undeniable fact, that I am a few kilos FATTER!

Aaaaaaaarrrrggghhh!

19 Comments:

Blogger mommy@lif said...

hi dena, what can i say? you're lucky to have such a supportive N and kids around you.

be strong.. look at the bright side k? and good luck!

hugs

8:16 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

sabo je la sikit lagi. dari kerja kat ofis baik kat hotel kan?

*hugs*

11:00 PM  
Blogger rose said...

huissshhh.. so sweeeeeeeeettt of your N to take the kids to wherever you are just to be with you :D
anyways, you'll be fine *hugz*

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

saba ekk...tak lama lagi abis, bley enjoyyy...

*hugs*

2:44 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

You work like crazy, but your family (and N especially) love you back just as crazily. You're extremely blessed to have them around you like that - isn't that just great?? Just remember to stop once in a while to smell the roses and see what life is all about. You know you love your family AND you also love what you're doing at work (betui tak??) - so you'll find a way that works, I'm sure of it. *big hug*

4:56 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

mommyalif: thanks..cant wait till next week. MERDEKA!!

nazrah: betoooooolllll! hugs back you.

rose: yup, he's shweeet isnt he? i hope I come out of this in one piece! haha!!

nohachomel: hey there..lama tak nampak! memang nak enjoy habis2 lepas ni!

blabs: yup. hafta stopand smell the roses. thank god the boys are here. they keep me sane! am definitely blessed in the bestest ways aren't I! Thanks blabs! Muahs!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

nak jadi clown tak? tgh recruit...hehehehehehe

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a'kum dena,
been silently following ur wonderful blog for quite sometime now tapi sekarang terpaksa komen sebab ada udang....
i've included ur blog in a bloggers directory as part of an application that my boss and i tengah siapkan the link is below, feel free to browse
http://www.malaysian.net.my/index.htm?m=178&a=1
wassalam

7:56 AM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

Your predicament (of the extra weight kind!)resonated (like a thousand gongs!)with me. I have just recently re-joined the workforce (kicking and screaming I might add)and the stress is showing - in the worst place - the weighing scale!!!

Anyhoo - what a lovely gesture from your hubby and parents to bring what means the world to you!! At your craggiest and letih-est point = just looking at their adorable faces - am sure the stress just melts away...Hang in there!

8:44 AM  
Blogger trueblue said...

err...can i also tumpang pegi swimming pool? Hihihi...

2:32 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

drbubbles: Flat Toners can become clowns meh? Tapi rasanya my body-shape lepas lah for the rolley-polley kinda clown with tummy jiggles and all. Kalau tak lepas, jadi assistant clown boleh??

stone: oh, ok. thanks for dropping by.
\

lifebloom: yes ka?? wooohoooo, i have a sistahhh!

trueblue: silakan..silakan! the more the merrier!! (oh, i'm out of quarantine already tho)

2:46 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

5:13 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

sib baik N is so understanding..

10:21 PM  
Blogger Marisse said...

Mommy Den,

You have a blog page i can read!! yeahoo. and thanks for the lovely message you sent me aunty dena.. i cant wait to see you and meet your 2 sons too *blush*

dont work too hard ok. i'm going to hafta remind my mom not to do the same after i'm born. but who am i kiddin right? will just throw my bottles around in tantrum then.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohoi...bila mau update la weh...letih ngecek genak2 ari..

nef

2:11 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

masih locked up and they've thrown away the keys?

3:37 AM  
Blogger Idham said...

:) nice nice niceee....the pool and the golf course i mean....
and so sorry wbt your ordeal...
but but, hang on there, u will be so happy when it is all over.

selamat berbuka dan sahur di hotel tu..

:)

idham

11:53 AM  
Blogger Ewok said...

hi dena, slamat berpuasa.. hehe.. wat a funny question about siti. takkan cepat benar?

4:40 AM  
Blogger 1na said...

Kak,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri
Maaf Zahir dan Batin ;)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home