Friday, May 06, 2005

MW, NY and I

I have two great friends, MW and NY whom I always refer to as my BEST friends. Hubby, N, says, that's not really accurate cos BEST should only be ONE not TWO. But I insist..when it comes to the three of us pals, we all agree, we're the bestest of friends.

We are really quite quite strange says N for we call ourselves best friends but hardly ever ever meet. I suppose its mainly because of our schedules, myself, always busy with work and when I am not at work..I am with the family spending my quality time, MW also the same and busy holidaying every now and then with her hubby, I always say that they've perpetually been on a pro-longed honeymoon for the last three years and NY, waaaahh..she's worse than the Prime Minister and George W Bush rolled into one! Always everywhere and anywhere at the oddest timesand busy, busy, busy ALL THE TIME..But thats how it is with NY.

Of the three, I was the first to marry, followed by MW 2 years later. Last Thursday, the last of the three tied the knot with the man of her life..Good excuse for the three best pals to meet after not being together for THREE years. The last meeting being at MW's wedding and before that at mine!Image hosted by Photobucket.com NY waiting..
Image hosted by Photobucket.comdone deal!

I watched NY marry with a sense of sadness, I believe MW felt the same too. Not sad that she was marrying but sad (in a "Syahdu" way?) that we've suddenly grown up into WOMEN.GOne are the days when we were 13 year olds at Tun Fatimah.. Laughing and giggling away without a care. All that was important then was just...US.

NY used to be the one always writing letters to boyfriends (yes, it was in plural) at other boarding schools..with me always busy...editing her letters! MW was always the beauty queen..and me, I was always the more serious one..
Image hosted by Photobucket.comMW and I.

We left school and went our own ways. MW and I ended up in the same uni and NY was flung far away. But the strangest and loveliest thing of all was that it never affected us and the friendship we had..Even if we had not met for years, it would still be the same..we probably have never changed.

And now here we are..all married and Puan Something's to En Something's. It sucks, really, to have grown up..but I suppose we have become somewhat great women in our own rights. Maybe, I was sad watching NY marry, probably knowing that with marriage we'd see each other less. It actually takes one of us to get married for us to meet..and now, there's no more left to marry!

But hey, I guess its alright, for we've been through this a million times and we'll always be the same. Its somehow too late to turn around now! So to MW and NY, here's to a life-long friendship and do know that although we'll probably see each other at N junior's wedding something like 20 years down the road... I'll still be here and that my prayers are with you girls each and every day..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
ME, NY and MW

3 Comments:

Blogger shidah said...

i also have 2 best friends. we tried to meet once in a month or 2 after work. we go separate ways after school , and met again only after we got kids!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

ish, ish ish, dan besark, besark semuanya budak-budak ni...dah jadi mak mak budak!

5:57 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

SC - thanks for the compliment! but i didn't feel pretty that day..

shidah - it IS difficult isn't it? So maybe we'll meet after someone has a child, so that's at least another nine months huh??

narfnarf - nice to have u here and I know exactly what u mean.. it's comforting to have friends like that. I once told NY that she's lucky that MW and I have not (and will not) "disown" her! just to threaten her a bit..it didn't work tho..she's still as busy as ever.

kakteh - correction. I am the only Mak Budak of the three. Depa tu lambat lagi kot!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home