Friday, July 29, 2005

Anedra and Her Blog Friend's Italian Lunch

On my drive over to pick her up, I was almost convinced it was a big mistake. There were all the signs. First, I could not leave the office as planned. As I was just about to lift my b*m and dash out silently, the phone rang and I had to answer a very unpleasant complaint from a contractor complaining this and that and threatening to this and that..(hello?? isn’t the Client aka Me supposed to be always right?? arrrggghhh!). Told him that I could not talk as was about to meet a very important Client. I finally successfully sneaked out of the door and went into the carpark..THEN, I had the urge to pee, and I was already 15 minutes late at that time. Of course, I had to pee first..I mean, you really don’t wanna risk leaking on a blind-date do you?

After a quick visit to the loo, I finally finally drove out from the office, 20 minutes late and followed her directions to her office which was just a stone’s throw away. Somehow or rather, what was supposed to be a quick simple drive became spooky and scary as I approached an abandoned looking railtrack not to far from a pathetic looking deserted palm-oil estate. Perfect place for an attack by a serial rapist!! Maybe she was giving hints in her entry about blind-dates…Maybe, all her worries were subtle hints to me? Subtle warnings that dungus like me just don’t get. The fine hairs on my back rose, and my heart pumped a million beats per minute. I turned back and sped down the road....planning to escape it all! Too late! There she was by the side of the road in green and black as she said she’d be dressed. Haiyoh....she spotted me and was waving already! Oh no, what's that? She was carrying a suspicious looking white plastic bag! “Shoot! I should’ve brought my whip” I thought, and also thought of Ayu who's just learned to shoot. She'd be handy back-up!

Anyways, after baca ayat Qursi and all, I unlocked my car and let her in, and we hugged. I decided I shall leave my fate with God…(actually, after a quick scan, I felt better, if she acts funny I can push her out of car. She’s so tiny!). So, she is small, very petite in fact but she has a big smile, which is quite infectious! She passed me the white plastic bag. It was a present - Gardenia bread. Huh? Was she serious about eating standing up at the bus station?? Should I take her to one? Or was she trying to get rid of her breakfast left-overs?? Or have I protrayed myself in my blogs as a glutton-tong-sampah? Or do I really look like a tong sampah? I said thanks (it's only polite) and drove towards my kampung, Bangi. I figured that I’d be safe there with all my kaum kerabat just a shout away.

She decided to have an Italian lunch after I offered options of either nasi or pasta. She's very decisive one, not the "alah...anywhere, you chooselah" type. Good. I like that kinda person. No need to go "hmmm, what to eat aaaah??" and all that. We ordered and we talked and talked and talked and talked, only pausing to gobble down our pasta and pizza, and let me get this straight.. to those who read her comments on her blog about this Blind Date. I ordered the PASTA and SHE ordered the PIZZA and we agreed to swap and share. But I have to mengaku bersalah wallaping all the prawns in the pasta. Was that what she was on about??

I told her before, when we talked over the phone briefly, that she sounds sisterly..and that’s exactly what she turned out to be! Very sisterly and very happening. She has so many stories to tell..and man, has she lived life! And when she says she’s a drama queen, she ain’t exaggerating!! Really. No wonder her blogs are so clever! I don’t know, but I felt like time flew a wee bit faster than normal during lunch. We were just getting into full throttle, when we noticed it was already two pm! Time to pay the bill already?? I really didn’t want to leave, but sighs…duty calls!

I practically dragged my feet out of the restaurant and drove her back. As I waved her goodbye, I silently prayed that she had a great time, just as I had and that we’ll meet again sometime and that I didn’t turn her off (or memalukan keluarge KakTeh in anyway!! Eeeks...)

So, to those who know about us and our little not so blind date, I’ve gotta say..

SHE is one of a kind and I am so very glad we met, thanks to Blogspot, eh..and Ely, eh...and Kak Teh!

Ps. KakTeh – If you tersedak-sedak in Londra, sorry, it was us, we ngumpat you a bit.
OOD- am I supposed to eat the bread, or frame it??

14 Comments:

Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

Aww, berjaya jugak blind date eh! Ok, one down , how many to go (to confirm list of non-serial killers)?


Glad you both had a blast.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

tersedak? i was hyperventilating! so, apakah perkembangan seterusnya? apa-apa pun tak apa asalkan jangan jatuhkan kemaluan keluarga.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*terjatuh kemaluan keluarga*

wa ka ka, Kak Teh.....

sigh, wish i was home...

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

so...very good makan session isee. all. all this happening when ely's at home waiting for the news!!!!!!!

just be ready when its time to meet ely. the one who talks and eats alot!

u ladies, please continue to use my kedai kopi to sembang. meriah sikit rumah i nih.

love u both!

12:45 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

nazrah: twas successful! food was good too. tu yang berebut tu!

kakteh: am glad to report kemaluan keluarga still intact and suci.

narfnarf: yup gurl! YOU definitely are next. No guns ok???

atenah: u ananda also ke?? yeah, come home come home!!

ely: you shd've been there, we had a seat empty for you!! BUT we ate for you too lah! no diet-diet one! Missed u there babes!! It would have been a triple blast and a meeting for three "ketot" gals! heheh!! love ya!

massy: u in malaysia we can go makan also..OK?

10:07 PM  
Blogger shidah said...

good to know you're still alive. 4 the gardenia bread - It is the thought that counts :)

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of lost when I first read the post..ah got it! Wah makan tak ingat orang, eh?!;)

9:25 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

shidah: phew! glad to know that I'm still alive too! the gardenia bread? dah masuk perut I and dah keluar pun. Came in handy when I was stuck in the friday nite jam from work! Yes..it's the thought that counts!!

nour: ehh...masa makan ingat semua! makan pun enuff for semua you!

10:04 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

anedra,
ayat kursi wont work, must pakai pendinding halau hantu to get rid of me.

i had a fantabulous time despite the early demise of the prawns!

psst kak teh, she could do with a little more table manners lah!

8:27 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ailin: u'r killing me! swirling cheese bread?? the name makes my mouth water already! the gardenia bread ood bought had choc cream in the middle...satu lagi diet buster!

e.h: u'r more than welcome to keep coming by. you'll find a lot of warmth, love and sisterhood/makcikhood and brothers at blogspot, like I have. no regrets punya lah!!

OOD: thank you too for fab-fab time! we must go makan chit chat again! gimme a holler whenever and I'll come by!
table manners? what table manners?

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waahh camni I pun nak pi KL la! Which I am this weekend...;) Insyaallah.

3:00 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

eh..telepon lah saya. i email u my hp no. kalau u free gimme a call ok?

3:17 AM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Ni kena buat resolution to go for work in KL lah, nak jugak jumpa the "ketot" girls. Who knows they are mo kemtot than me..
Gla you ladies had a great time.

3:29 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

Aunty N, there's a 90% chance that u'r taller than us. not many people are more ketot than us! we're THAT kemetot. Datang KL, look us up k? Cyberjaya isn;t too far frm where we're at!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home