Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Zoo, A Barbecue and A Bread Factory

Last week I was nursing some old basi sakit hati. The forecast for this week, then, was - GLOOMY. I was upset (since a few weeks back) that due to work commitments, I could not, as planned, go for a two day leave to attend a simposium which was important to me. Although I understand the criticality of quarterly results (timing wasn't good) and such; my absence from the company for 2 days does not directly translate to a company turnaround, does it? No, it does not. But bosses will be bosses, and work is work, so here I am.

Thank God for last weekend and my trip to the zoo. Yawn..yawn.. Again? Yes, my friends, we live just next door, it's like visiting neighbours. For those of you who do not know, we always ALWAYS go to the zoo to pay homage to the abang-abang buaya tembaga, elephants, rhinos, zebras, snakes dan yang paling favourite aunty-uncle keluarga monyet. Although we always go to the zoo, I still find a walk through the zoo refreshing and calming. Minus of course, the occasional whiffs of animal dung!

This time around, the boys spent more time playing with the birds which were brought out on benches for the public to touch and feel. Mommy just stood by click-clicking with the camera macam tourist tak pernah pergi zoo and licking on her yum-yum ice-cream cone. When we got tired of walking around, we'd go for a few rounds on the zoo tram until we got dizzy. As usual, when we got off the tram, my Nasar would scream "THANK YOU MR. UNCLE!" to which the tram driver would always laugh. Always.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the boys and their Kakak Dede playing with birdie

Fun. The zoo was fun.

On Monday our management treated us to a little barbecue by the lake. They discovered, recently, to their horror that we are beginning to look like zombies walking in the corridors. What do you expect when we come in before sunrise and leave well after sunset? We're probably breeding a colony of zombies in our cozy little outfit!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
grilled bbq chicken. yummmy!

So, on Monday we were given a little time-off, from 5.30pm to 9.30pm. A simple barbecue was on fire, simple silly games were set-up and a karaoke set on standby for those who wanted some lung exercise. I thought I'd give a shot at singing but the cover of the karaoke booklet said "Lagu-lagu zaman 60-an dan 70-an", errr..gulp..not for me lah. So I just stood by watching the veterans. It was fun..we ate, joked, sat back and relaxed.

Objective achieved, for Monday at least. The zombies were back to work on Tuesday!

Wednesday, today, was a bundleful of fun too. I followed my son's tadika's field trip to the High5 Bread Town in Shah Alam. It was insightful watching how little small things make children happy. Everything amazes them at that age. They were a merry bunch, laughing and saying things like "Hey! Look! The sun is shining!' or "Hey! Look at the sky!" followed by giggles and oohs and aahs at everything and chattered on and on through out the journey.

I thought to myself...On normal days, I hardly ever notice the sun. And the sky...is just the sky! Yes? No? Being with the children and feeling their happiness with life made me make a mental note to myself, to soon, stop to smell the flowers, stop once in a while to really breathe in the world, bask in the sun and gaze at the sky. Someday. Soon.

The bread factory was interesting too. I was more amazed with the Bread Museum where the quality of displays were far better than those at the National Museum. Of course, a tour of the factory and bread-making process was thrown in. The smell of the factory was, heavenly! It kept reminding me of Ailin's Swirling Cheese Bread. Or is it Cheese Swirl Bread? Whatever. All I know is that it makes me drool!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nasar and pals at lunch today

We ended today's trip in high spirits. Mother and son both happy campers. It's back to work tomorrow and Friday.

Can't wait for Saturday. That's when I plan to go smell me some flowers!

24 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

i think you shd be given a discount at the zoo. didnt the animals try to escape when they sniffed that the children were coming?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

yum yum, the pic of the bbq caught my eye!!!!!!!! makan lagi!

6:52 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

KakTeh: Not only shd we be given a discount, we shd be shareholders already by now! Naaah..why wd the animals want to escape when we're so like family already? ;p

Ely: Yes babes..MAkan LAGI dan lagi dan lagi!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anedra: that symposium tu ke? i pun dah lupa the date

7:32 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:39 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

atn: yes. that one. actually its next week 12-14. i'm not allowed to go anywhere for these two weeks. yesterdays trip pun kisah tipu sunat. nantilah i cerita panjang.

7:45 PM  
Blogger atenah said...

anedra: sorry lambat balas yr email tu, in a few days ye

8:33 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

atenah: ok. no prob. go study now! ;)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey from one zombie to another....at least your management ada heart..mine???ada tapi made of steel!!!huwahhhh!!
anyway,kita ni cam neighbours lah..
actually nak tanya u, if u dont mind..which kindy u hantar ur kids..been looking for a good one 4 my lil one..kalau tak nak bagi exact name pun tak pe, just give a hint...kalau tak nak pun, its ok!

zombieanon

10:15 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

eh: NOW is the time to eat! It's allowed.

zombieanon: hello! can give u the info but not here. how do i contact u?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

'ello Madam! Rasa macam lamaaa je tak mai sini. The zoo!!! Last time I was at the Hulu Klang zoo was way back in '87 after SRP (yes, yes, I'm ANCIENT, but at least not as ancient as LCE takers!! Hehehe) .. that was DAMN fun!!

Another one of hubs' and mine's grandiose-but-never-executed plans in the sky is to become volunteers at the zoo!! We're HUGE animal freaks and evenings after work are spent ooh-ing and aah-ing over Animal Planet & the creatures that cross the TV screen (particularly furry ones). In fact, we were JUST talking about it again last night!!

Hahaha. Now I tau rumah siapa nak crash if I do actually execute that plan!!! (and I'll get my cats to crash that gorgeous garden of yours!!) :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Blabs: so it's people like you who watch Animal Planet! I only watch it when I can't sleep! Guarantee boleh tidur lepas tu!

You are more than welcome to tumpang my place if you ever materialise those noble plans of yours. Just don't bring back the zoo smell with u cukup lah. manyak musuk ya know!

Massy: The only thing I look forward to in the zoo is the tram ride and the benches where I can sit and not walk!! And of course, the yum-yum ice-creams!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

CA has this thing about the zoo too, cuti je bila tanya nak gi mana eh ni hari?

ZOO!!!!

ada la tu sedara mara nak jumpa tu.

3:58 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

nazrah, agaknya all kids are like that eh? You'd think that my boys wd be sick of it by now..but every weekend depa buat muka kesian nak pergi zoo!

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really had fun!

Cute boys you got there, Anedra!

1:40 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

If smelling flower is not enuff for coming Saturday, another trip to the zoo shall do the trick :) ....Let's go to the zoo......

6:55 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

nour: the boys are fun, most of the time..sometimes they're monsters! hehehe!

shidah: zoo? Ohhhhh tidakkkk!

6:01 PM  
Blogger mommy@lif said...

went to the zoo last saturday, too bad the akuarium section was closed! my son was just 11-months-old and what can i say,he is an animal person. so unlike me. though he couldn't really appreciate animals just yet but i guess it was an eye-opener session for him. i am sad to see those animals though -> they look sick and unattended!have you been to sunway petting zoo? heard the place itself is much better.

8:03 PM  
Blogger mommy@lif said...

same like zombieanon, would like to know good kindy too. pls email me at radziahyusof@excite.com tq

8:22 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

Let us ALL go the zoo, anedra belanja!! I am serious about the first part. A meeting place for anedrablog visitors. The Zoo!

I have been to sunway's petting zoo. A bit pricey (compared to Zoo Negara) but i think it was worth it. Lotsa animals you can pet. We had a great time there now every weekend when we tell daughter where you wanna go jalan2, she will want to go sunway. Pricey, but worth it.

zoo negara is a bit tak cukup duit. rm10 (adults) and rm5 (kids) are not enough to maintain the place i think.

Have u been to the butterfly farm? Worse. Published rate is RM15 but they sell it at RM5 pasal takdak orang... sad! But the place is pretty cool!

8:46 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

alif's mommy: hello there! check yr email ok..I have emailed u the details.

ood: amboi amboi..sedapnya offer on my behalf! errr, mintak maaf ya...the zoo entrance on me for everybody is waaaay above what I can afford!! but yes..everybody can come over for biskut kering and air kosong at my place later eh?? heheh!

AND yes, let's have a blogspot pals visit to the zoo?? Yes?? No?? Jom???

9:02 PM  
Blogger Hajar said...

ZOO??!! best!!! next time, dun forget to bring me along!!

btw, can i use your name in my urmm... so-called new shorty novelly? hehe..

1:40 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

LAdy Jade: ok..I'll definitely include u in! entah bila lah tu.

use my name?? hehehe, boleh tak de hal. if it's a best seller must share the royalties. amacam?? heheh, joking!! what's my character? do i get sneak preview??

2:21 AM  
Blogger Hajar said...

hehe.. am not too sure about it being best seller. Anedra, in the story is a flower that when used scientifically correct can attribute to long life. hehe.. it's a sci fi i'm playing around. not sure if it'll finish. tgh writer's block pun nih.

btw, my nick in YM, aquajade27. would love to chat with you.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home