Monday, July 28, 2008

A Miss

The company I work with offers free umrah every year for employees who have served for more than 7 years. They'd normally go in Ramadhan for 2 weeks. I reached my 7 year mark a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, for management, there is a quota, and so, I have been on the wait list and still have not been selected to go.
Of course, this is a thing to look forward to and I have been waiting patiently, albeit tapping my nails on my desk thinking when? when? when?
Then finally, I get the phonecall today informing me that I have been shortlisted and that they just need my agreement so that all the processing can be done. And my answer was - NO, I can't! Dang! I am having a baby soon, remember? I'd be almost 8 months by the time they leave..there's no way I can go.
Sighhh...the one trip I've been waiting for. Can't describe the disappointment. But then again, I can't have everything can I? Insyaallah, God will call on me again to visit his Mecca some time soon.
Insyaallah!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

Insyaallah - it will happen. Itu dinamakan tak sampai seru lagi. When it happened to me, I was walking in Covent Garden when I received an sms from a dear friend who simoly said - come go umrah with me. I belanja. The rezki comes in so many ways. Insyaallah!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

its supposed to be simply - but then simoly is maktehspeak.

12:30 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

ya Allah..punya lama la tak bloghop..tup tup hang dah nak meletup..

congrats..congrats..

Insya Allah, ada la rezeki nak pg umrah tu :)

take care eh?

6:44 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

kakteh: ya lahh..INSYAALLAH!!

atiza: yes, I have beem "busy". haha! Thanks, u take care too tau!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Royalshoppingarcade said...

i've not visited your blog and Kak Teh's blog for some time. Lately ni baru ada time.As Kak Teh said, yes, tak sampai seru.InsyaAllah your baby's rezki akan melimpah ruah for you too..take care..

9:51 PM  
Blogger noha chomel said...

akaaaakkkkk....lama tak dtg sini, akak dah nak ada baby lagi...congrats. btw, boy or girl, kalau girl, bagitau caranya macam mana nak dpt boy eh...saya masih lagi mencuba, belum berjaya lagi nampaknya.

9:56 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

royalshoppingarcade: thanks! you take care too!

noha: Heyyy! apa kabar!! Boy or girl?? We wait and see lahh! Tapi for boys..ayo, can give tips lah.shd i blog about it, again? haha!

2:35 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

rezeki come in many ways! yours in the tummy now. Congratulations! Umrah will come later, inshaallah...

1:30 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

shidah: Thanks dear! Selamat Hari Raya!!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home