Monday, September 29, 2008

After a 6 year break from the whole the diaper-change, breastfeeding ordeal of baby-dom, I find myself panicking as I approach my due date. I have totally forgotten how to handle a baby, ie. ow much milk would the baby need? 4 ounces? 6? 8? or feed until it pukes? Diaper change as and when required? Or every 4 hours? (wait - every 4 hours is for changing sanitary pads, right?) . Only 2 days ago, as I watched bibik burp my niece after feeding, did I remember that - oh my God! yes! - Must burp baby after meals!! Geeez, was that a lightbulb moment or what? Panic, panic. I will have to get one of those baby handling, parenting books soon. Sigh, I can totally see myself being quite hopeless at this.
Other than that, it's been kinda exciting.. Buying baby clothes, milk bottles etc. The anticipation and the excitement of having a little tot at home. N seems quite excited too. For the first time, he actually has a name list prepared 2 months ahead of the date! For the past two, the name giving exercise almost seemed like an after thought; the poor boys!
It's about a month more to go. I can't wait. I feel so heavy and quite hate this phase where we actually "waddle" about rather than gracefully walk from point to point. It doesn't help either when baby thinks that the bladder is a squeeze toy! Can't laugh, can't sneeze, can't snort! At the same time, I dread the whole labour process. Of course, I am inclined to cheat ( as usual) with my normal dose of epidural etc. Oh, and let's not talk about the breastfeeding, and the fact that my boobies will grow so large that they'll gve Dolly Parton a run for her money!! Haha! Hopefully, with God's grace, everything will go fine.
In the meantime, I intend to think happy, happy thoughts, have a great Eid and wallop as much rendang and Eid sinfuls as my tummy will permit.
Eid Mubarak everyone - have a great one with your loved ones.

9 Comments:

Blogger atiza said...

wierd la coz when I came here last week..this post was not here..hehehe..

anyways..have a great raya and don't worry, when the time comes you will remember all the things mommies do in a jiffy..it sort of stuck in one of them wires in our gray matter..

good luck darling!

9:50 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

atiza - haha, thanks. I hope it all comes back by the time the baby arrives, which is like 3-4 weeks from now.,berdebar ok! take care you!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

motherhood is like riding a bicycle my dear. dont worry, it will come back to u once u have the baby in ur arms.

selamat hari raya maaf zahir batin!

9:10 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ely sayang - I hope u're right!! In the meantime, I'm having fun shopping for baby!

8:40 AM  
Blogger noha chomel said...

akaakkk! heheh...same here...eerr...cumanya saya masih tak pregnant2 lagi...mcm mana eh dah 'cuti' selama 5 tahun pastu nak ingat all over again??...heheh

btw, baby boy ke girl?...hopefully u'll get girl this time :)

selamat hari raya!

8:49 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

noha: entahlaa..pandai-pandai lah survive nanti. Insyaallah, ok! Good luck to you! ANd keep working hard at it!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

i was going to say it is like riding a bicycle - you never forget it - ut ely beats me to it. Hey, why you worry, you've got so many helps around you and the mak tok everyready to give instructions.

7:07 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

oteh: I guess you're right! By the way oteh darling - kalau nak beli prezzies banyak2 for d baby, kami TAK KISAH!! hehehe!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dena - hi its me Zarina of Tmn Bangi. Got the link from your aunt Kak Teh.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home