Monday, May 09, 2005

My N is Sick

I think my N is not well and that he hasn't been well since he turned 40. If you have been reading my blog, you'd probably have read about how N is not romantic and never remembers important dates etc..etc..

That has changed..somewhat.

This year when N turned forty sometime in January, we celebrated our 5th anniversary. So like previous years, we took ourselves out for a meal.. Its a bit of a confusion for us, you know..who will belanja who, since it is HIS birthday but our anniversary too. In the past, it would be me who'd take him out to dinner, and we'd go to another place for dessert, which would be on him.

This year, as we exchanged kisses on our 5th anniversary, I asked him.."where do you want to go today? Since its your birthday?" He said, "what do you mean? It's OUR day." That threw me off balance a wee bit. N has never been into this "US" and "WE" concept being the overly macho person he is. I suppose that comes from being a bujang terlajak..he's lived his life alone for so long, that when I came into the picture, he was still talking in "singular" terms. This "US-OUR-WE" concept was new.. Happy 2005??

SO that evening after our meal, he asked me.."what do you want as an anniversary gift?" HUH? Wierd..My darling has never been into gifts either.. He always says that you don;t have to wait for an occasion to give each other gifts. Me, being me, I said "Nothing". I was never into gifts either and he'd already bought me a few handbags during our holiday in Rome just 2 weeks before (which was a surprise too!)..so felt a bit guilty to say that I wanted anything. I asked him why he was so into this particular anniversary.. He replied, "Its special, its our 5th" Sighh..never knew he had it in him. I wanted to buy him something, but N hates it when I buy things for him..He tells me that I shouldn't waste my money etc..etc.. SO he told me that if I ever wanted to buy him something, it would have to be a ROLEX. Yeah right! Not like I can afford one now and he knew it! So we ended up having ice cream instead..on me.

And he got a bit weirder after. We went for a karaoke session, just the two of us a few nights later. He said to me, "lets sing this song. It will be our song." I guess after one song, he thought it sounded good but needed practice and urged me to sing it again, so that it sounded good enough for us to sing together, at other karaoke outings with friends, or at birthday functions. So now, we have OUR song. Won't tell you what it is..but if you ever find us singing some song together..it will be THAT song! Sighh...a bit CORNY lah... but sweet kan?

Last month, it was my birthday..and you know, he NEVER remembers my birthday! We had come home late the day before my birthday and it was close to midnight when I decided to take a shower before bed. I had forgotten that it was my birthday the next day and when I came out from the shower a bit after midnight, he grinned and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!

I almost fainted!

What is it with him this year?

And just last weekend, we were driving in the car home from work. He mentioned something about it being Mother's Day that weekend. I just said "yeah" and forgot about the whole thing until yesterday. We were just relaxing at home watching our boys play, when suddenly N says "Ok everybody, get ready..we're going for a Mother's Day dinner". I could feel myself almost pass-out, yet once again!

SO WHAT IS IT WITH N???

Don't get me wrong..It's not that I don't like this change, I do..I really do. Is the real N coming out for show now after 5 years of marriage? or is it time that I get suspicious? Hmmmmm... Naaaah!

N is getting sweeter as the years pass by. Maybe its just us finally getting to know each other really-really well, deep-deep down. MAybe this is the REAL him and that he's finally comfortable enough with me to let the ice melt.

Maybe its age catching up on him.. He always says that life starts at 40..and he always tells me with a certain tone of seriousness "My life JUST started D"..I wonder what he really means.

Someone told me that I've been good to N, so I am getting "goodness" in return. ANother someone told me that my new "three-series" age "is precisely when I get sexier", thus...(good things happen??)

Hmmmmm...maybe its THAT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whatever it is, N, if you are truly "unwell" its one sickness I hope you don't recover from as long as you're comfortable being sick like this.
And I hope that's not too much to ask for.

Cos, you know what?

I'm loving every minute of it...

7 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

am i in the right blog?
when i go home next, do i expect hugs and kisses? and do u think he will change to the extent of dueting with me , my favourite..."And I......aiaa......wil always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"? if that happens i am willing to believe he has changed. In the meantime - enjoy it...it could be something in the oil.

5:53 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

HEY..don't push yr luck lah! And would ANYONE want to sing THAT song with you??? Its yours and ONLY yours..

4:31 PM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Anedra, I have been trying for years for hubby to be ever so romantic. It is nice to know your N is turning to this. I am getting small rewards though because like this morning when I kissed his hand as normally do he kissed me back on the cheek. I am sure he will not remember my birthday, even worst our annivessary (he had to call me to ask this date when he was filling in the income tax form) hehehe. I will keep on reminding him every year.

1:57 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

Aunty N,
I suppose they learn eventually kan? N in general is no where near being romantic, but he is surprising me every once in a while these days:) But actually, it doesn't really matter that much as long as the lurrrve is there! ;p

2:15 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

these things need practise. mayb he just got the hang of it. good on u :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

shidah: so there is light at the end of the tunnel huh? ;)

2:57 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

sc: still having "after-shocks", but yes, its makin' me smile!

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home