Friday, May 27, 2005

When I Was 64

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It was 8.30pm when I called Dad today. When I spoke to him over the phone, he was talking about some Beatles song, he even sang a line of it, but forgot and is now looking for the lyrics. I've never heard of it..but of course, what do you expect??? BEATLES what?? Same as that what Humperdink-thing fella? Same generation, left with the sixties?

Anyways, I looked through the web, and I think this was what Dad was looking for!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

WHEN I AM SIXTY FOUR
When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.

I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride,
Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more.
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

Every summer we can rent a cottage,
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera Chuck & Dave.

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

____________________________________________________________________________________

And I WILL Feed you Dad - DINNER tomorrow night, ON ME!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!!

Lots of love, love, love

9 Comments:

Blogger atenah said...

i grew up w/o a dad, ur lucky

2:07 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

kakcik: you're in denial! but yes, kalau young at heart, betul lah kot!

And if Dad is 46, you 35, then I am..11!!! YAHOOOOO!!!

Waaahhh..since when my mother jadi penulis lyrics?? or didya get some help from the ol Beatles fan himself???

atenah: I can't imagine that, but your mom did one helluva great job with you! and yes, I am lucky to have a dad like him..

8:24 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

your dad sang??? wahhhhh, see what being 64 does to you. I will give him a blog as a birthday present.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

happy happy birthday to my tuan guru signor professiori..

so he's a gemini too huh.no wonder i like him.

my best wishes

9:15 PM  
Blogger shidah said...

happy bday uncle... of course he sang - knowing that his little girl has grown up fine... :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Happy celebrating daddy's birthday! That makes daddy ... a gemini, eh?

2:14 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

er, one more question, yousaid dinner on you...is that pizza take-away again?

2:19 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

happy b'day uncle..

5:49 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

nazrah/shidah/blabs/atiza:
on behalf of my dad, thanks for all the wishes! we had a grand time, right up to midnight!

kakteh: yes, he sang over the phone. and dinner on me (hehe "on me" sounds kinky pulak!) was not pizza take out, you should know better! If I ever do take outs, its always briyani whaaaat!
But this time it was proper, lobster and all..yes, you can start drooling now!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home