Monday, May 23, 2005

NYs Wedding

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When I was at NY's nikah reception a few weeks back , I was somewhat a little in a daze by the person that she has become. It took us an hour before we could congratulate and snap photos with her cos she was surrounded by hords of reporters and photographers the whole time. I was a in a bit of a shock then, and after that experience, I should have been prepared for the next reception, but, I definitely, was not!

The wedding venue was swarming with reporters, TV personalities, VIPs etc. As I stepped into the beautifully decorated garden, I almost had to pinch myself a few times to convince myself that it was all for real, that I was really at NY's wedding and that NY has become something of a personality, ie. she has fans and she is famous.

The whole time, I was sitting there, it seemed unreal. Could it be that NY, one of my best buddies from school was really now a celebrity, an idol to some?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com MW, me and Jar

It was a beautiful night though and I was in good company. MW (my other best buddy) Jar, a lifetime friend, both from Tun Fatimah days and I had promised to sit together and we had a great laugh reminiscing on the good ol days at school. Watching NY walk down the aisle, none of us could believe it was her. A girl who once had out of fashion permed hair AND braces. Something like duckling turned into a beautiful swan! That night, NY looked radiant and beautiful, almost like a princess. She looked perfect, in fact.

I somehow wish though that the wedding was a more personal one. One where perhaps, NY could possibly spend more time catching up with friends and family. But that's just me. It was of course, perhaps, the most beautiful wedding I've ever been too and I do hope most importantly, that NY got the wedding of her dreams!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comN and I

N said, towards the end of the night, "do you think you'll have to fight through the crowd to get a picture with your NY?" Me: "I don't know, but this doesn't look promising.." (yeah..it took an hour before and the crowd was much much smaller then!!)

I did, however, get a photo and a hug from NY in the end.

As we hugged I said "You look so beautiful!"
NY said " It's all makeup. It's really just me underneath"

I went for a second hug before I left the stage. If I could, I would have hugged her for an hour longer, for old times sake, and for whatever else, cos I really don't know when I'll see her again...or even whether I will have a decent conversation with her in the next 10 years or so. Some people tell me to just watch her on TV to lepaskan rindu but that doesn't compensate. If I could.. I'd wrap up NY and MW and put them in bag to carry with me wherever I go! But that's insane lah kan?

Later, after a night if great talking and laughter, I hugged and kissed MW and Jar goodbye, I reflected on what NY said earlier. What she said wasn't all that right. Yes, it was a lot of makeup, the only thing is, she really is beautiful, inside and out. And she will always be so.

SO to NY, here's to a wonderful life of wedded bliss and may we see many, many little NY and Aidid juniors coming your way soon!!!

And...thanks for letting us be the first to take photos with you!

Next time we meet, I'll need an autograph!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com the raja sehari

26 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

ok ok, one small bag to carry yr NY and MW (and JKR, PWTC, BMW and what nots,) and another bag, (bigger one lah) for your aunts!
btw - clean up the typos!

12:05 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

KakTeh: For my aunts..I'll need a lorry! Typos? will clean that up later, gotta go!!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful Set and Great Pictures!

2:43 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

it was definitely a grand reception, siap siaran langsung lagi. i bet, u r looking radiant & beautiful during your wedding too, right?

6:35 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

anonymous: thanks.
shidah : i certainly hope I looked good at my wedding! and yes, the reception was grand..and it was one that had no bunga manggar, they replaced it with bunga manggar look-alikes made from haleconias. Cantik!
narfnarf: I will find out for you on condition that I'm invited for the wedding! I'm assuming there will be one? heheh!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Lollies said...

the designer is Dato' Shah Rezza. He was a celebrity too before.

Anyway the set up was awesome. and the bride and groo look so good. They are always smiling and look happy. I like I like.

And you look good too. Salam.

10:33 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Lollies: that's what I heard too. belum confirm, is the company called Sutra Jingga or something like that?

Thanks for the compliment. The camera was prob a good one, that's why I look a bit better than normal..very deceiving lah! :)

11:59 PM  
Blogger Ni said...

hi there, ur blog very pleasant to read

12:45 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

CikNi: Hie back! Thanks!

1:42 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

hei..i saw the whole thing live on tv...she's so 'ayu' that night with fringe that refuse to 'sit' still..

can't imagine her as duckling though. with braces summore..ducks got teeth meh?

2:38 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

ariza: I suspect that she was pretty pissed with that flyaway fringe cos she was frowning like hell during the earlier part of the thing. We were thinking either:
1. she was tired (maybe..)
2. depa baru gaduh (NOT!)
3. dia kawin paksa (NOT!)
4. the fringe was bugging her (most probable)
belum confirm lagi!

Oh..and that duckling had teeth alright, with braces too! ;p

2:42 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

nordz darling,
please note that I took extra care to write "duckling" andv NOT ""Ugly duckling "..you were neer ugly anyway, just a bit different looking then, but then again, none of us look the same (phew! THANK GOD kan??)

Aaahh..thanks for the explanation, we were kind of wondering and for a moment contemplating on doing a lil jig in front of you at the pelamin to make u smile, but that would have ruined the whole "ayu" thing huh???

Yes, Grandma Comfort is alive and kicking thru this blog!

You take care then!!!! And we'd better meet up soon!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Lollies said...

I saw Dato' Shah Rezza on TV talking about the concept and the whole thing. It's his alright but can't remember the company's name pulak.

Anyway...I have hope here. You see I am wearing braces now. One day I'll be a swan. Woo hoo

10:37 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

narfnarf: your prince charming shall come yr way soon, INSYAALLAH. Well, at least you've got the pelamin figured out so that's one less problem when you do meet yr Mr Right huh?

Lollies: Macam tu..I pun nak pasang jugaklah!!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:10 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:29 PM  
Blogger atenah said...

pheee weeet, hang cun gilerr. i dah lama tak mai sapa entah said in a chat box go check out anedra's pic, cun, keturunan kut noo as mak cik blur pun cun gak

10:43 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

atenah: pi check mata sikit! I rasa dlm chat box tu, referring to NY kott! Apa-apa pun, kembang jugaklah I yg tgh dok makan pisang goreng nii.. penuh kerusi! trima kaseyyyy!!!!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

woi...mak cik blur pun tumpang trima kaseeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! kembang setaman!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Umm, if it's NOT too much trouble, could very very kindly delete your comment where you tell me that the dear acquaintance of ours reads this blog? On hindsight thought better for moi to keep anonymouslah, at least for now. Tenkiu!! :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

blabs!

ok, no prob! But HOW???? someone please tell me HOW to delete comments? AND while we're at it, how to add liks as well??

5:53 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Blabs,

Ok, done. Finally figured out what the lil dustbin is for!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Tenkiu, tenkiu!!

*Phews* :D

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home