Tuesday, August 23, 2005

You Are What You Eat

"You are what you eat". I heard that somewhere before. Some other people say "Rubbish In Rubbish Out". Whatever. All I know is that, I have not been a saint or an angel and kept to my promise of eating less and/or healthy towards my goal of getting slim and keeping a healthy lifestyle.

It seems as though, the more I try to diet, the more fat I become. In the past month, 4 or, err maybe 5 people have come up to me asking me in the not so straight forward Malaysian way, "Are you pregnant Anedra?". So I get subtle words like, "Makan untuk dua ke?" (and I was only holding a glass of water when the "perempuan bertuah" said that!!) I also got, "Eh, semakin chomel Anedra ni..dah berisi ke?"(Initially I took "chomel" as getting smaller and started to gloat for a few seconds..to my horror that was not what she meant!!).

I discussed this with my ever so wonderful blog sisters, Elyand OODand Nazrah!. Ood said, "hmmmm..you might as well get pregnant then!" God bless her this wise friend of mine. Always has good wise solutions for all the problems in the world that one! Ely was more optimistic and said, "maybe they say it because you're glowing, due to having a lot of s*x!". Hmmm..that, I like. I could live with that thought ya know? Nazrah, on the other hand was more technically supportive offering solutions like lipo-in-a-box, as opposed to the Cronie, and Beautiful corsets that we find so popular here, even to the point of comparing the products. Of course lipo-in -a-box has to be tested first, but it sounds good to me. Maybe, just maybe.

I pondered upon it for a while (and avoided the weighing scale for a looooooong while) and figured that since I have been depriving myself of food, maybe, just maybe, my tummy "masuk angin" and therefore the pregnant like shape?? BUT on a recent biz trip to Brunei, I found out that I have been living in LaLa land and that I needed a hard shake back to the real, cruel world. I braved myself to step on a weighing scale (that wretched scale!!!) and almost died right there. It was not good, and I almost fell into chronic depression. I don't want to even hint to you the results! I'll just say that I am overweight..and I am a blob.

Wanna know why??
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
my secret bedroom stash of yum-yums
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
my favourite!!

I have been naughty. I have a secret stash of sinful goodies in my bedroom and I wake up in the middle of the night and grab some for some unholy, sinful self indulgence. God help me and only HE can help, I'm sure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
these melt in your mouth!

SO darling G.I Janes because of my secret nightime love rendezvous with my chocolates, I am what I am today..A pregnant-but-not-pregnant me..Oh, the horror! And while some of you can report progress in the regime. Anedra, is so close to being kicked out. Yes, GI's I have sinned. Real bad!

Of course, I can always say, it's ok..as long as I am healthy. True. But the thing is, being the right weight combined with healthy eating habits and regular exercise will take you there. Not, waking up in the middle of the night for nice belgian chocs, doritos and such. No! No! No! So, remember, (yours truly especially); "You Are What You Eat" and "Rubbish In Rubbish Out"..

HeEeeeeeEeeEEeeeeeeLLlllllLLLPPppp!

pssssstt..Ely, tell me about those choc malt balls.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anedra,

Now we know why !!! Hehehe...secret place to store your stock huh! :-). Anyway, I always believe the way the old chinese folks' eating habit/schedule (the young ones tends to be like malays nowadays, eating at mamak stall late at night). They make sure they have healthy breakfast, usually soup and have dinner by 6 pm. Well, our digest system needs at least 2-4 hours for digesting. Just enjoy the same food that you like but at smaller amount. Anyway, Will Smith's tip is to eat AS MUCH AS YOU WANT before 4pm. After 4pm, no more munching !

p/s Don't get to depress about your weight. Take it easy k! I lost about 3 kg for being MC from work for 3 days last week. Came on Monday, and colleague was surprised to see me. But of course, that is not good coz I think I'm losing just the water

ASKE'

6:05 PM  
Blogger atenah said...

ya Allah, fridge in the bedroom, bad, bad, bad idea.

didnt i read in ood's blog that you actually are cute. i ni yg overweightnya, lbs ke, kgs ke, BMI ke. i've been exercising like mad, min 5 days a week, 1 hr a day, only to lose a miserable 4 lbs. kalu gini zaman bila nak slim, boleh mental dibuatnya he he he.

so in oct, i will exercise daily 1 hr and go on a healthy diet. why oct? la ni too much pressure orredi.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

mammal mammal mammal, i could not stop laughing when i was reading ur posting. why? cos i was finishing up my night stand posting and deciding which pic to use.

memang lah u nih comel. kenapa lah u stress sgt. time makan tak lak stress eh? hehehe, seemed like i am talking to myself, feel guilty after eating 12 choc malt balls! time makan tak guilty pulak!

tenah, badan turun sikit, i bet u are so fit now! and btw, remember u took pic of that bag of chips? aiyoh, after i saw the pic terus pergi beli one huge bag of them!!!

ok, just watch out for my posting.

oh and to all GI Janes, if you all dont lose wait, dont worry, i will love u just the same!

8:14 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

aske': hehehe! guilty as charged. some more want to have body like angelina jolie. have resolved to clear the chocs and stock up on fruits instead. COBAAN!!

kaktenah: ye lah tu, cute=chomel and apparently that does not mean SMALL! at least u exercise, me?? I just stretch, that's all. i've gotta buck up lah!

berns9: BBQ chicken intestines??? Hmmm..that's prob the secret ingredient that makes you philipinos have such great voices!!

ely: I know u sayang me all the same, fat or slim! I wanna see that night stand!! Drooooolsss!

8:20 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

zaireen: ooops, later buka puasa go buy some chocolates ok??

eh: as for you mommy-to-be, eat your heart out! literally. go buy em chocs and eat away!!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was nibbling on godiva caraques when i read this entry.tercekik bila u sebut nama i...oyyy, that lipo-in-a-box thingy was supposed to be hush hush...

now we know why la all our attempts to lose weight terbangkrapsi.

the lbs i lost b4 my lil rough patch 2 weeks ago i have gained back by really really stuffing m y face with supedelish dark chocs from kak teh and recently, goooeeey scrumptiousilicious fantastically yummy truffles from Ely.

i will get back on track...saaaaay, next monday?

2:31 AM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

u otta know this - u add on and lose the extras SO VERY EASILY. If i were u - i won't worry. Somemore kata tak exercise kan ? so it has to be ur nite rendevouz that's contributing to the yo-yo. Now that u've replenish ur secret box with fruits instead - you'd yo-down soon. i'll tell ya ;)

2:59 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

nazrah: godivas are the devil!! hehehe..I can't not go on a trip and bring some home (we can only get them at KLIA)..and when I do, I binge on em!! Halamx, the lipos were supposed to be hush ya?? Solee aaah?? Eh, when is the "tester" going to try?

torts: chocs still in fridge, fruits belum beli. Gasak!! I shall tahan kan diri..or maybe just shove them down N's throat! heheh!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Hajar said...

Okay, this is what I do.

Less nasi, eat lauk pauk more.
No carbonated drinks, plain water PLENTY.
Chocolate and ice cream, need-to basis.
Chips, junk food, stay away, if can.

pssssttt... tapi i malas exercise. but i think the walk uphill every morning to my car is exercise enough kot...

5:57 AM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

ya la mak incik, benda dalam kain emamg la hush hush...

esp when when it involves optical illusions. yakni tiada rolly polly donuts bila pakai kebaya.

my attitude now is this, asal boleh pakai kebaya from b4 kawin, alhamdulillah.

ayu's left. and i am psyching meself up for 2 weeks of detox with the help of live enzymes.see how that works out. that's if i finish see's candies by monday lah...muahahahaha

6:23 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

massy: ya lah..must control! am trying to re-discipline myself and get some exercise three times a week! haiyo..very difficult!

lady jade: i tried that too..it shd work except for my nightime cravings for chocs and stuff!

nazrah darling: I'm wearing a black nyonya kebaya this saturday for a wedding. kalau standup ok lagi..bila sit down got donuts! nak kena band and tape tose donuts so they dont show!!

good luck with the live enzymes! get CA to help u with the chocs. he won't mind i'm sure!

5:44 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

I feel like tertinggal bot. Can i raise my hand, got questions?

1.Is it the in thing to have chocolates by the bed?

2.Does it function as snack or as prop?

3.So if i only have boring stuff like books titled, 'Theft of the Nations' and 'The International Jiu', what, pray tell, am i missing?

4.Is that why my hubby sleeps on the couch every night? No chocolate appeal?

Ely keeps chocs by her bed too. I must now surf the net for keywords 'chocolates bedroom props'.

Anybody else keeps chocs in the bedroom hansup!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

OOD:

1. For those who know -yes?
2. It could be both-depending on what u'r doing. ;p
3. Fun stuff, that happens when chocs are used as props?
4. In the name of "jaga nama baik kawan" I shall not offer my opinion here! hehehehe!!! Are u sure u don't sleep on the couch too?

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home