Friday, December 09, 2005

Ada Apa Dengan Lelaki Botak?



When I introduced N to the family for the first time, I had no inkling that he would be the one, eventually. Of course, I had the hots for him, from the first time I laid eyes on him. But no, I could have never guessed that at the point I introduced him to mom and dad, that he’d be the one I’d choose to spend the rest of my life with. Mom knew though, as she told me around 3 years after I had married him, that she knew he’d be the one. Why? I asked. She said, “Because he is bald”

It’s true. Whether I was conscious about this fascination I have for bald men throughout, I’m not sure. But yes, I have always had this thing for bald men, which must have started when I turned 18 or so because before that I was definitely in love with Ralph Macchio, the Karate Kid and no-one else. Friends have called me weird, my family have probably been silently puzzled over it. It’s a mystery, perhaps. But then again, what is there not to like about bald men?

In the past few seasons of the World Cup, I fell in love with Fabian Barthez the goal keeper for France. Nevermind David Beckham, Zinedine Zidane, Emmanuel Petit, Michael Owen, the whole of the Italian team and other hunks alike, it was Fabian Barthez that I had my eyes set on, and thus my undying support for the French! So betcha last dollar that at the wee hours of 4am or so, I’d be up watching my man defend the French goal post and cheering for him just as though he could hear me from the sidelines.

Then there are the movie stars. Ben Kingsley in Ghandi? Don’t ask me why..but he got my adrenaline pumping. And that guy in the King and I, what’s his name? I had a crush on him too. Then after many other movies, I can’t recall them all, which featured equally eye-pleasing hairless heroes and even villains. Then came Armageddon with Bruce Willis sporting an almost clean shaven head (I believe he was already balding anyway at the time) which affirmed my infatuation with bald headed men. I must’ve watched that movie like, what? 10 times? Then the more recent XXX or The Fast and Furious, with sexy Vin Diesel, making a girl like me feeling all goosebumpy and excited so much so that the excitement could’ve blown the roof off!

Oh my list doesn’t stop there. I probably have bald politicians (Maya! Shhhhh!) somewhere in the list, college professors, and god knows what else.

People have asked me since, what is it exactly about bald men and me? I don’t know. Perhaps it’s the clean look. No blow away hair, no grease, no dandruff, they’re always neat and nice to look at. The absence of hair probably brings out the best of their features anyway. You could see all of their eyes without being distracted with “oh, he needs a haircut” or “ewww..check out the oil on his hair”; when they smile, it not only lights up their face, but if possible the whole head! You know what I mean? What also gets to me is how wise they tend to look, perhaps because of the wider display of foreheads unobstructed by hair, and then somehow, the charm this look of wisdom exudes. And have you noticed, that definite rogue-ish, broodish feel about them? A lethal cocktail of charm, wisdom and danger. What else would a girl want in a man eh? Isn't that something to die for?

God is Great for after strings of boyfriends (err..actually only 2. yawn..boring ol me!), all with lots and mops of hair; somewhere in His Grand Design he pushed N into my path, knowing that a bald man like him, I could definitely not resist. So there he was in the cafeteria, some fine day over 6 years back, a rogue-like tanned man with a nice bald head who took my breath away. How could I have not said yes when he popped the question finally? To have my own FabianBarthez-Bruce Willis-Vin Diesel to call my room-mate; house-mate; all for myself?

Maya, over a lengthy discussion on this mystery of me and bald men, sort of solved the issue. She said in her always so wise way, “Anedra, how else do we explain it. It’s all in the hormones.” I’ll just leave it at that. She’s always right anyway. And so when someone else asks me why, I’ll just echo Maya. “Hormones”. But really, look below, what's there not to like about em?

Right?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

22 Comments:

Blogger OOD said...

i am not much affected by hair, with or without. But but but, lex luthor in smallville is THE BOMB! I saw him in other movies, with the hair but i have decided that his x factor is his scalp lah. Cover kalu, X gone. And when i was a kid, i was so into Kojak.

Oody Lathering Luther

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bald is still hot!! :D But kids are cruel... they say my bf is botak and they want to buy him a wig for his birthday... :( I told them he can grow hair, but they still insist on buying him a wig... what to do... hahaaaa

9:04 AM  
Blogger Maya said...

Yes D, hormones or more specifically pheromones! Go! go! to Bald Power!

Also imagine in a few years what's the worst that can happen to him? Beer-bellied? That's it. Whereas for those of us who married a guy with a full crop, we'd get a beer-bellied guy who is turning bald as well! Hehehehe you got the original deal my dear!

Remember that the barber for the Bald Ones is God himself...So yes, more bald power!

2:48 PM  
Blogger dith said...

Anedra- my hubby is thinning in the head...so does that mean that I should keep him away from you? heheh

But I guess, it's just Allah's way to keep things in check; if not for ppl like you who are bald-fetish, those botak-licin guys would have to remain in celibecy!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

mammal, i could not stop smiling when reading this entry. cute, sungguh cute and too honest hehehe.

for me, i am into men with nice set of teeth. semua mesti teratur.

my husband's hairline is receeding but to me, he botak or not botak, i still love him the same.

mammal, i can just imagine u urut kepala N, mcm tok bomoh hehehehe. auuuwww!!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

anedra,
bald men are sexy......yes? :))

7:01 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

hmmm....botak best eh?

Hmmmm.....

*lightbulb moment*

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

botak is definitely in. yup.
me drooling oredi.

*nefertiti*

7:32 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ailin: i've heard of people pulling their hair when working, but pulling their body hair??? Hahahaha! That really cracked me up!! So Funny!!

meow: Yeah! You got it right sista!

ood: now you're talking! THE BOMB! How does that song go? *Cantik menarik tertarik kau memang the BOMB!* haha! Kojak?? Yeah..and that guy on Startrek??

hartini: u've got a bald bf? you're on the right track girl! Hi-5!

3:41 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

Maya: O Wise One. You always put things in such interesting perspective. "The Barber for Bald Ones is God Himself". Ahhhh, that just makes them more special aye! Thanks! And I had a fab time today!! Thanks again!

Doc: Dont worry, your husband is safe. The most I cd do is look and say, how lucky Doc Roza is, that's all and doakan panjang umur murah rezeki! Yes lah..if it werent for people like me (and it looks like many other bloggers too), apalah nasib si botak ya?

ely: kalu botak +nice teeth, lagi THE BOMB. urut? ssshhhh..cannot mention. This is not yet an 18sx site!

anasalwa: there's no two way about it. definitely, YES!

fuaxdiamante: lightbulb moment berhasil tak?

nefertiti: join the club girl!

3:48 AM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

I know some ada preference - either botak hitam or botak putih. But the 'shine' is a definite turn-on. Thee-hee-hee! I sure could relate to this topic - all too well - dene ;)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Honeytar said...

Anedra: Hey you woman! Are you an accountant? Normally accountant loves bald men. heheehhh... me too. I like bald men. Guarantee tak da kutu punyer. hehehehhh...

6:40 AM  
Blogger Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

anedra,

thank you very much for this fine blog on bald guy.

must admit we are hot stuff! hahahahahahaha...

i am too sexy for my bald ...too sexy yeah! hahahaha

-been bald since 1997-

6:23 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Anedra, first we share the love for the AWW, then we both have the kids' learning disability to deal with, then hahahaha I found out we both have bald husbands!! Coincidence or what??? The KOTH used to have thick thick hair that I was so jealous of, because my own hair is pitiful (limp lah, fine lah) then after the mid 30s his hair started thinning. Then he got hit with some scalp problem where the hair fell out in patches. Rather than covering up (you know, the grossest thing is to try to cover up bald areas by combing over them .... what an unnatural hair parting) WE decided bald is the way to go. I had the honour of shaving it off. And definitely, he looks better bald than with thinning hair.

So should I keep the KOTH away from you and you keep N away from me? Imagine a double 'date' .... world! (as Bergen said in his latest entry) :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

torts: the shine? well, i've never looked at it THAT way. lemme go analyse. But yes, I so know what u mean! Welcome to the club!

honeytar: ya ke?? Guilty as charged!

iskandar: oklah..oklah.. yup, you are definitely sexy! ;p *I have not forgiven you yet tho! watch out the next time I meet u!!*

QOTH: Hahaha! Seriously? You're definitely a sister!! Oklah..we agree up frontlah macam ni, you dont kacau N, I dont kacau The King. Deal? *winks* ;)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Hahaha ... tak larat nak gelak. Anedra, I DEFINITELY will not kacau your N, takut nanti I get accused of being a cradle-snatcher pulak. Atau orang kata tua tak sedar diri. Very the cannot :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger atiza said...

hahaha...I think I know who the bald politician is..

to tell you frankly, I liked him too :)

*chaleet skit*

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahha ..

D.. ood definitely beat me to it.. i was gonna say you missed michael roseanbaum..(is dat how you spell it ) aka lex luthor.. but ood, i agree.. with hair, he is not so delish.. :-P

10:44 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

HR Highness: Cradle snatcher? You sure? My N isn't THAT young! so, it's a deal then? I'll leave yr King in peace! *winkwink*

Atiza: Eh, ya ke?? *chaleet!*

ariel: yeah, you know what I mean?

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Self-explanatory:

Bald men have high totesterone;)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Being the devil's advocate though .. what say you to the possibility though, that not all bald men (voluntarily or otherwise) look good bald?

However, I must admit that all of those you quoted passionately (hehehe) in your post DO look magnificently yummy bald, but some other baldies look like they could do with a little bit of tuft up there to do justice to themselves.

Examples - Thierry Henry (his cranium's shape makes him looks like he came from another planet) .. Dr. Evil (surely you don't think he's gorgeous??) and/or Mini Me .. and last but certainly not least in the "No Way Should They Be Bald" category - Mr. Daddy. I know you can't visualise this one since you've not even seen the full-haired version, but believe you me when I say that he can give Mini Me a run for his money!! :D

Just a different perspective? :)

2:40 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

apples: that's it!

blabs: I gotta agree with you to some extent. my boss is bald. I'm not in "love" with him or his baldness! haha! but minime?? I mean that guy or shd I say thing, just spoilt it for all the other bald men! they should've never created him bald! Cheers!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home