Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Oral Agony

If anyone were to ask me about Raya 2005, I’d have only one thing to say…PAINFUL! Sure, there were the good ol first few days where, one gleefully hentams all the food and all, go visiting and catching up with long lost sedara mara etc. Sure, I had all that. Perhaps, I went way overboard on Raya and the makan....cos come last week, I had to pay for it.

First, came the shivers on Wednesday night and by Thursday morning, my thermometer was showing a long line of red mercury. Down with fever, I was! To make things worse, and perhaps as a little message from God to "s.l.o.w d.o.w.n o.n t.h.e f.o.o.d", by evening my mouth was infested with nasty little ulcers from hell. Not one or two, but easily about 20! And by yesterday morning the count was 35 numbers in all. (ulcer count by courtesy of Deana Abd Aziz, my lovely darling sister, who also applied my ulcer ointments for me!).

For someone who really can eat and loves to eat, this was waaaaaaay too big a problem. I even tried braving it out munching rice and ikan bakar with Ummi and Oody who so graciously came to have lunch with me at my home, for Friday lunch. I felt a lot better then with such great company but come Friday night, I was down again with fever, my mouth sore like nothing else..and for the next few days to come, was put on a diet of liquid food as anything else would just invite excrutiating pain! Even to smile was a chore, which in the end I just gave up doing!

People said gargle with Listerine. I did that. It didn’t help. Gargle with salt water. Did that; no change. Bonjela? Hopeless. Apply salt on ulcers..well, that just invited a lot of creative mencarut -ing which is a no-no in ahouse of two toddlers! Doctor gave mouth wash and another oral ointment with antibiotics..No change. Until yesterday, our office GP at our building gave another ointment, which supposedly kicks the *ss out of ulcers., Lo and behold, within a night, they are now almost gone!! God bless that lady!

BUT, BUT, BUT..Now I have this horrible pain at the very back of my upper right gum. My wisdom tooth is out! Oh no! I find it painful to even open my mouth...I can’t even chew a single soft buttery pineapple tart and thus, have to still survive on liquid food! Looks like, the inevitable has come. I need to see a dentist. The problem is, I hate dentists. Errr..let me rephrase that, I HATE dentists! They scare the hell out of me; and it doesn’t help when I hear horror stories of people who had dentists standing on chairs yanking out their wisdom teeth for them, or those who almost bled to death having had their wisdom teeth yanked out! Help!

I am scheduled for my dentist appointment tomorrow and am so scared I could almost p*e in my knickers! Pray that my dental episode will go by painlessly and without drama! Please do pray that my teeth and mouth fully recover from this bout of mishaps of ulcers and teeth which should never be called wise in the first place. Most of all, please pray that I will be able to eat again like a normal person and not have to live on McDonalds chicken porridge as I have been for the past few days. And if I have all that, I promise…I will be good and I will update this blog more frequently than I do now. Aaaamin.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor darling. So sorry to hear u were feeling under the weather. Dentist well who doesn't hate them. I stay well clear of them. Just keep taking neurofen and the pain will go, no need to get the wisdom out.
I will pray hard for u so that u can start enjoying ur food

3:58 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

my poor baby. i swear that u did not get the ulcers from me!

talk abt that, i need to go see my dentist too. i am waaaaaaaaay overdue. good luck dena, keep me posted!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

anedra,

euwww! ulcers + toothache? two things I really scared of. dah tak pegi dentist almost 14 years already. takut!

pray for your recovery.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dena

hehehhe ..dentist is not too bad you know.. after enduring 2 and half years in orthodontic braces.. they are practically my best fren :-P .. anyways.. the horror stories of bleeding to death and all dat is all stories of the past.. they are okay now tau... some canggih one would inject you that thing that makes it go kebas (for th elife of me i cant remember the term) .. and it was only a sting at best.. then when they start to operate.. you dont really feel much.. just make sure they gave you some painkillers for afters kay dear..
anyway.. good luck hon.. for a person who seems to love food as much as you do .. i can understand the agony of not having any .. hehehe ..
all the best

4:43 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

SURE Ariel, no pain after the kebas jab, but that injection is HORROR! You know how lonnnng the needle can be? And if they dont do it right it might just come out through the cheeks like kavadi! And you will have that hole in your cheek for maybe about a year if you are below 20, so when you drink, water will ooze out from the hole. If you are 30 year old, the hole will NEVER close and the dentist will just pull the wisdom tooth out from that hole. And at that point, i tell you, 30 ulcers? Huh! Give you 300 ulcers also will be like kid's play. And if the doctor is female, she will not be strong enough and the roots will break so they have to drillllllll the gum until they find oil. If the doctor is a big punjabi guy, he will be too strong the whole jaw will dislocate! Screeeeeam you want but you cant because he will have all these toools in your mouth, squeak also you cant.

But hey, dont worry, you wont feel a thing, because they have given you the kebas jab remember?

I am telling you Ariel not Ardena. We cant tell her the truth or she will try pulling the tooth out at home.

Take care!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Anedra, quick, give me the name of that kick#ss ulcer medicine!!!! I suffer from them like nothing - sekali datang banyak macam nak mampuih!

Sakit gigi ... tolonnnggggggg!
Dentist ..... takuuuutttttt!

6:35 PM  
Blogger kaezrin said...

my goodness byk nyer kena ulcer..mmg sakit giller lah tuh

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak anedra,

so sorry to hear that. ada satu ubat ulcer tapi utk baby la, bagus betul, tak pedih pastu ulser cepat je baik, tapi tu la dah lupa nama dia. but once i ingat, i will tell you.

9:15 PM  
Blogger The Star Gazer said...

Dena,
hang in there! My wisdom tooth pun macam ala2 nak keluar tapi tak jadik nih. Serams!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Rosie: Thanks hunny..but I dont think nurofen will last me a lifetime eh?

Ely: I'm sure u didnt pass me the ulcers...juuuuuuust the fever! ehehehe!

Iskandar:Tell me about it. One of my main principles in life - Visit dentist only when EXTREMELY necessary!

10:22 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Ariel: yes lah!! I haven't had REAL food for days..which s, actually good for my "diet" lah kan? hehehe! Surgery is due next week. I hope I'll be ok! If they have to put me on general anaesthetics pun ok gak...cos the guys who does it..is CUTE! ahahaha!

Oody: ----> Ariel, I don't know who this oody is. I swear i don't!! *winks*

Queen: Your Majesty, it's called "Orrepaste". It works magic I tell ya!!

kaezrin: Memang..and sakit "gilerr" does not describe it. It's like sakit nak mampusss!!

10:27 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Dewa: Hai???? You mean before this tak slim macam model eh??? HaHAHAHAHA!! U know what, I'd rather not lose weight if this has to be the way! TAk de maknanya hidup macam ni kan??

nohachomel: thanks! when u remember, tell me ok?

seriL: go check quick..but apparently it shd be ok unless it gets infected or tak ada tempat to grow! TAke care you!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kat ood..notty arrr, ur comment me me gelak terguling-guling..heheh

btw, kak anedra, did u get my email?

11:42 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

noha: dah dapat yr email! TERIMA KASIHHH! :-)

ailin: HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Nope! But I can think of many things to do when these ulcers are completely gone! *winks*

1:15 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

Now I know where I got this fever/cough. Jangkit from you rupanya!!!! Wisdom tooth? Baru nak keluar sekarang? Mine was like 10 years ago.... And...yeah... I too hate dentist.

1:23 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

shidah: haiyaa...takkan lah from me at the pintu kot!! anyway, I hope you get better! me, I'm on painkillers now! sob!

ummi: alahai...tak kisah lah siapa belanja siapa..but yes! i do want to do lunch satu lagi round eh?? next week time u go dentist you tell me aaah? kita pegang-pegang tangan ya? kalau itu loktor ganas, lita tumbuk dia seround!

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deyne,

I had my wisdom tooth extracted a couple of years ago and it wasn't pretty. My dental surgeon decided that I should just get local anesthesia, as he said it was 'minor' (to him, obviously). Just make sure that your dentist provides you with enough painkillers for after the surgery because once the anesthesia wears off, the pain starts kicking in like nobody's business. Good luck!

12:45 PM  
Blogger The Star Gazer said...

Dena,
read in one magazine semalam... for ulcers, letak damp teabags on it... ada explanation y it should work tapi tak ingat la pulak.. hehhe

5:58 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

aa: thanks! am feeling sick already! takuuuuttt!!!

serilangkat: I can't even open my mouth..how to put in the teabags? But the ulcers are gone now though..Alhamdulillah!

janesunshine: things are beginning to seem rosier! thanks!

concreterose: lucky lucky you! I'll make sure I ger me some of those painkillers! love ya back! muahhs!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

berat ada turun ka?
amende look for the rainbow after the rain?
ha ha ha

11:24 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

atn: berat badan?? ada lah turun siiiiikiiiiiiiit je. lepas ni, naik ler balik! what rainbow after the rain?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home