Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Just a Load of Blahs

It’s been too long since the last update. I guess I made another trip the the land of Flat-Toners where I have nothing to say and experienced a complete “system shutdown” in so far as my blogging is concerned!

Oh, speaking about being a Flat-Toner, I have to inform, especially to those who know me but have not seen the real Flat-Toner in me, that I spoke to a friend (a blogger) a few weeks back. There I was trying my best to keep the Flat-Toner me at bay, when barely 10 minutes into the conversation she stopped me mid-sentence and said, “Anedra, you ARE a flat-toner!!!” Aiseh…so much for trying aye?? Honestly, I thought I was on top form, meaning not flat-toned, trying to vary my tones and all…and I was beginning to think I was doing it well, but alas, she saw right through me! Nasib baik she’s one blogger that I sayang and all..kalau tak..!!

SO, what have I been up to this week?? A lot. Work wise that is. It’s really funny how work tends to pile up at year end, when things should be slowing down and we should be wrapping up our year’s worth of work. Instead, for the past few days where I claimed to be spaced out in the Land of Flat Toners, I have found myself in one too many negotiation meetings and swamped with preparing what seemed like a never ending pile of proposals. I wish I could tell our clients to give us a break, and also send the same message to our management. After all, the last time I checked, we’re not machines plus Raya is just around the corner!

Oh, oh…and just to share this is what was said in the meetings with our Clients yesterday.

Us : You guys asyik nak potong aja. (In relation to cutting our proposed price for a job)
Client : Of courselah, nak kawin kenalah sunat dulu. Kan??

I’ll remember to use this line someday with our contractors!

Anyway, I have also decided to finally send some of the guys from my department off to highseas. They were supposed to go earlier, but couldn't. They will be leaving soon, one at a time, and again I’ll be handicapped at the office. Bodoh ke tak? But anyways, it’s an exposure they need. Had things been different, I would have gone too. It’s been a long time since I went and there is still so much to learn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
that's me on one of the first trips in my orange Ultraman suit!

I remember the first time that I went. Mom was not too happy about it, what with knowing that I’d be the only female in a vessel of 265 other men in the middle of the South China Sea. But she really did not have much say in the matter, as I had made up my mind, and of course, it was work anyway. The trip, at that time, was an 8 hour bumpy speed boat ride to our site. Some of the guys with me spent half their time by the side of the boat puking their guts away. Minah sorang ni (ehem..that’s me) maintain je. Made of steel (ok lah let me masuk bakul and angkat sendiri on this one ok?)..must have been the nasi kawah at Tun Fatimah that made me like that.

In what we do, we often don’t see the hardship the crew go through just to get the work done. All we do in the office is complain, that our guys don’t know how to work efficiently, this lah that lah. Once you are with them you know, that the guys work their *sses off day and night, sweating and toiling just to get their day's worth of wages. And it cannot be easy being away from their families 60-90 days continuously, stuck in a vessel in the middle of nowhere with some other men they probably don’t even like, without much entertainment apart from the VCDs we send them monthly (don't ask what sort of movies ok!). And for this month, Ramadhan, things can’t get any easier for them.

That’s what I wanted the guys to see, apart from getting to know the technical part of the work. I want them to not take things for granted, and see the real people behind the work, the ones that make things happen. Not just see the fancy high and mighty, "I am God", hoity toity head office banter, where people criticize sometimes beyond reasonableness.
Actually, I also sent them just to torture them a bit!!! . One is possibly going over Raya! Haha!! No lah, there’s a better and less cruel reason for this. But he took it well, still very gung-ho. He’s new you see.

So, that’s that, and there you have my so not happening week.
Oh, I also flipped some old albums just now and looked at my honeymoon pictures. My heart skipped a zillion beats and I almost went into cardiac arrest. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT! But this, I shall blog about later. In the meantime, to nurse my depression, I’ll need a dose of Zanax!

Stay sane everyone!

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haiyo very de orange one, kenot get Rizalman to design new jumpsuit ke?

ha ha ha the part abt nasi kawah STF very funnay larr

i wonder how you sound when we actually meet one day

12:48 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

the flat toner side of you i have not seen or heard.

scrap zanax, try a long warm bath with a little lavender oil and sea salt,burn a scented candle, and drink chamomile tea. and then bansai on N. toksah amek dadah. u just need to jumpstart your seratonin level and release stress-relieving pheromones

OR

get them godiva babies already. what's stopping you?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

"It’s really funny how work tends to pile up at year end, when things should be slowing down and we should be wrapping up our year’s worth of work." That is SUCH a myth, I tell you!! Every end of year, my head will fall off and will only re-attach itself come January!!

Eh, Nazrah's idea good one lah. I think I'll curi it, hehehe. But I have no bath, only shower so how?

You also made me realise that I didn't have any honeymoon pictures! Oh well, it was just for 3 days, and we were too "busy" to take pics!! Hahaha!!

Ok, I'll shut up now.

5:25 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

atn: I think I'll sound exactly how I sound on the phone..oh, wait till you SEE mt flat-toned expressions, that one's a KILLER I tell you! haha!

nazrah: aisey..rumah takdak bathtub! how lah? but I lurve that idea!
Godiva babies?? That one long story lah..tak cukup satu blog!

Blabs: head fall off? That's exactly how I've been feeling these past few days, and the outlook for the next few months is pretty bleak!!
Masa honeymoon kenalah busy! come to think of it, perhaps that's why then I was less fat! kan? haha!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

cari la besen...u kan kecik.

guna baldi dan gayung saja ayaq garam campoq minyak bonga tu.mintak N siram perlahan-lahan along ur spine masa u meniarap. kat bilik ayaq ada tempat nak meniarap ka? hahaha...bawa meja satu, toilet itu dalam kasik masuk. hahaha...jangan buat kerja lain sudah.bansai lepaih mandi tau...lepas rehat sikit, mandi la balik sebelum imsak...hahaha
make sure ayaq suam-suam kuku na

6:41 PM  
Blogger noha chomel said...

bansai???...eerr...anyone plss??

9:19 PM  
Blogger atiza said...

kat shower osso can..but you have to stand la...but then again, N nanti tak tahannnnn plaks :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

You look good in orange boiler suit, just like the real thing with the hat and hey, those are cool shades. Too bad we don't have someone like you on our righ.

Good day, ma'am.

10:41 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

nazrah: wow..sounds interesting, misti coba..except that my bathroom cannot put in a table lah..but I know where to meniarap! I just wonder if N will hv the patience for this! haha! Besen tak muat, nak try my son's baby bath, but kaki outside!

nohachomel: pasal bansai must tanya nazrah ok?? ;P

atiza: isshhhh..you;re right! I'll go with the meniarap!
*eh...bulan-bulan posa ni, how did we get to talk about this pulak!

bergen: thanks! although I can;t agree with you on the shades! they're like from a different planet! haven;t been on a rig before, only on construction barges. it wd be interesting to see tho.

And the coveralls, I wish they'd make em red or blue!

Good Day to you too sir! :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Anedra, I think this time of year, this year, semua company minyak like sibuk aje (betul tak) ;)
Had to laugh at the idea of you berendam dalam baby tub. You young girls bulan puasa pun sibuk fikir pasal jeng jeng jeng ke?

1:05 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

lagi dia ckp dia nih flat toner...maner ader, sweet voice lagi ada.

yes lah whats there to lose weight gurl. tuh orange jumpsuit mesti size ES (extra small) betul tak?

geez gurl, u so small, nak lose weight tinggal aper?

8:40 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

anedra!
For once i think you update too soon. And i wanted to still talk about mimpi! I had a good one last night, with Vince i tell you! Woke up, no Vince no Yamtuan! Just screaming makcik at hospital, 'untie me, manyak gatal lah. Help me, manyak keras la..' Spoiler...

oh oh, now i can say, i am busy at work too! hehe...finally! But of course, no hard hats, no ultraman suit (wah u so macho in it).

4:59 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ailin: ehh..u flat-toned also ke?? orait, we go makan-makn one day ok?

queen: actually, was thinking, if I rendam in the baby tub also no point..with me inside, there'll be no space for the air bunga!! what lah...

ely: babes!! that picture was taken in 1999/2000 still more or less kecik lah those days! NOW different story you!

narfy: if u ever don't get to go to space (but you must!!) come work with us..we'll send you to one of those barges.. and rigs if you want!

oody: wooohooo! Vince?? well, nevermind, at least got good yummy dreams kan? Me, last night was about a Tsunami, and how I escaped on a plane!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to have bumped into you girl ! hehehehe..... anyways.. remember your baking project? the 'sugar&spice bun' ?;-) ;-) .. well a colleague has been enlightening me on the chinese calendar + age of mother when convceiving.. and guess what.. hehehe.. you'd be happy to know dat for girls(i repeat girls) our age (very young that we are) .. for the next year or 2 or even 3 .. the concentration of 'sugar buns' are higher .. very very high in fact... do email me k.. its on my card.. then i can tell you more and fax the chart to you ;-) ;-) ...

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out that lady in jumpsuit! phewwit;)

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak anedra, tumpang ek,

ariel, nak gak chart tu, bley tak? tapi nak buat 'rotiboy'

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

anedra, I thought people in that kind of orangey outfits are those in Guatamo Bay - (right spelling ke?) anyway, yours must be xxxs lah. I tell you waht - get a few this raya and we sisters and nieces can wear them!

1:26 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

ariel: can no prob! I'll email you soon, and thanks a lot too! by the way, just a suggestion..i think you shd try the chart first and if it works..then I try lah! after all, you need to catch up with me, in terms of numbers of offspring! ;p haha!

apples: when I'm in those, I feel so macho. so not pheeewit worthy!

nohachomel: nanti if i get it, can pass to you ok?

kakteh: I have sooooo many of those at home. enuff for all the aunties and nieces to paint alor setar orange! did you know that N initially wanted us to get married in those orange outfits and call NST to ambik gambar?? crazy.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

hehehe..... this raya if I balik Alor Setar and nampak some women in orange boilersuits, I'll know it's not some crazy women, but you, Kak Teh & the gang lah :)

3:20 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

queen: kakteh and sisters and nieces..crazy women lah tu! you'll prob find us taking a walkabout at pekan rabu! remember to put yr sunglasses on! it'll be a bit glaring!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

hahaha - pakai suit orange and then pi pekan rabu cari tudung yang sama warna!! hahaha! QOTH - you balik alork stark? tang mana?

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lil ms oren and nohachomel ..
can email me at ariel_ptgal@yahoo.co.uk :-)

anedra, guess need to catch up , yes... but hehehe .. kasi can la .. spend time with hubs first.. afterwards, no turning back oredi.. hehehe

noha,it sorta depends on the age of mother.. so if you are younger than us heheh you might be in luck.. coz those younger by 2-3 years would have a pool of rotiboys :-)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Kak Teh/Anedra ... dah 'Queen', mestilah duduk tang Jalan Sultanah :) The KOTH pulak, Bakar Bata, dekat saja. Balik raya is a breeze tak payah bergaduh nak balik mana.

8:18 PM  
Blogger shidah said...

really cool to have the chance to the pelanter minyak. me? pelantar minyak kat petrosains tu je la... :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

last week i was just washing my husband's same-colour-as-yours jumpsuit. apalah kalernye oren sangat tu mak ngah.
then he also has a blue one, at least tak le menyinar sangat compared to the oren wannn.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home