Monday, September 05, 2005

Because of The Blogreader

...I have now been tagged for 20 years of history and 10 years of forecast! Alamak! Can this brain of mine really hold that much information? Lemme see what I can korek for you then! (by the way your name is waaay cool..can I name my daughter after you?)

20 years ago. 1985. 10 years old. Probably 20++ kgs
1. Standard Four. Class teacher, Mrs Rai. Favourite subject – English and Sejarah. High on collecting Hello Kitty stickers and stuff. Was also in school choir.
2. Best friends at that time were Teoh Su Chin and Lim Geok Shin.
3. Favourite singer Michael Jackson
4. Growing strange bumps on upper region of body. Mighty painful I tell ya.
5. Made a trip to Sabah to visit cousins Ju and Hira for year end school holidays. Had fun imagining/playing we were Ninjas. Also had rooftop taekwondo lessons from Uncle Amin and I broke his glasses trying out a flying kick on one session. We weren’t very girlish, no.
6. At Sabah: went to a welding workshop and got the guys there to make us Ninja Stars to throw at boards erected in the house compound, errr… and at stray dogs.
7. Got busted (with Ju and Hira) reading “Mona Gersang” at Wan’s house in Kuala Pilah. (You see Wan, the REAL question is,”WHOSE BOOK WAS THAT?”) And the next question is WHAT WAS THE ENDING LIKE?? WHAT HAPPENED TO MONA?" Does anyone out there know?

10 years ago. 1995. 20 years old. 40++ kgs at beginning of year.
1. Essex Girl at Essex University

2. Started second year in autumn 1995 majoring in Accounting and Financial Management
3. One boyfriend. Very serious. Very in love. Very roller-coaster like affair. Very pening but very happy to be in love.

4. One on-off crush despite very serious boyfriend as per no.3 above (it’s allowed, no?). That went no where. Sighhhh. My heart still flutters when I see his photos. Help me God!
5. Deejaying on Essex Uni Radio Station with a show called the Midnight Blues aired every Wednesday and Sunday nights. No one listened to it cos it was at midnight when everyone else was dancing at the dancehalls!
6. Also a Nightliner (where you sit long nights in a room with tea listening to people/strangers pour out problems or discuss Startrek.)
7. Quit Nightline. Was becoming a cuckoo myself.
8. Made fast, firm lifetime friends with AJ, Karen, Asad, Rose, Nathalie and gang
9. Danced. A LOT.
10. Aerobics queen of Essex University
11. Worked as receptionist during summer holidays, where I graciously and gracefully proposed to a stranger on the other line (hello?????) Go here for the full story.

12. Fell into garbage bin in Square 1 of University witnessed by the whole of the Malaysian Community on campus. (I made history..I was more amused by the fact that I actually fit into the bin!!)

5 years ago. 2000. 25 years old. Above 45 kgs
1. Got married on 29 January to a bald man that I’ve only known for 6 months or so.
2. Went to visit the Pyramids and The River Nile on a cold and romantic honeymoon in Egypt
3. Conceived sometime then.
4. Pregnant for a major chunk of the year
5. Learnt how to cook asam pedas and make sambal belacan and clean fish!
6. Gave birth to a very handsome, bald baby by the name of Syed Nasar.
7. Promoted. Alhamdulillah. I needed the extra cash!

3 years ago. 2002. 27 years old. Above 50kgs.
1. Gave birth to my second very handsome baby boy. This one had hair. We named him Syed Nasri.
2. Busy at work. Travelling too much.
3. Another promotion. Alhamdulillah, but which also meant MORE work!!
4. Building a new house, near the zoo
5. Already a super cook. No one has died yet!

I year ago. 2004. 29 years old. Still above 50kgs.
1. Discovered that 2nd baby needs help and that I need to be very, very strong
2. Whirlwind family holiday in Rome and Venice. Supposedly, our 2nd honeymoon..but with 2 kids in tow..all the romance tak jadi!
3. Dad finally FINALLY retired and is now at home harassing mom! (hahaha!)

This year. 2005. 30 years old. Dare I say it?? Above 55kgs!! YIKES!
1. Enjoying my two sons to the max
2. Working on becoming a better Muslim
3. Considering heating up the oven and getting some bun baking action. BUT must lose weight first and must make sure the bun will turn out FEMALE. How??
4. Considering a career change, I am becoming a permanent fixture in this current outfit..I’ll soon become antique!
5. Considering no career at all. But I probably won’t survive that
6. Am perpetually on diet. Ohhhh..when will this end????
7. Discovered Blogspot and made so many lovely friends. Yes, that’s YOU.
8. Discovered Blogspot and my phonebills are running sky high.

9. Discovered Blogspot and my husband thinks I have a secret life! haha!
10.Wrote a song for the first time. Still can’t believe it. Thanks Intan!
11. Am a very happy woman

Next year. 31 years old. 50kgs
1. Please note, I would have lost weight
2. Will have become a better Muslim, mother, wife, daughter, sister etc..etc
3. Will have a daughter by year end
4. Will have survived all the bad 2005 prophecies. Tell me it ain’t true!
5. Would have enough money to not work in this office and to be able to start up something on my own and work from home!
6. Will still be a very happy woman

10 years from now. Year 2015. 40 years old. Less than 50kgs
1. Would want to be a counselor or a trainer. In what? I haven’t figured yet. Will decide in 2 years time.
2. Sons would be 15yrs and 13yrs each. Probably going through an identity crisis and discovering girls! (This’ll be fun!)
3. Hubby will be 50 years old. Hopefully, retired already, not a grouch and farts less.
4. Will have 4 kids in total. 2 boys and 2 girls or 3 boys and 1 girl or 4 boys (eeeks!)
5. Would have survived mid-life crisis
6. Will be time to start giving back to society. Don’t ask me how. I just will..somehow.

Most of all, I want to be alive and healthy and be able to enjoy the full circle of life, grandkids, leaking bladders (not) and all!

Next! OODY, Atenah, Pak Ajie Kapai and ,Kak Cik (so you must update your blog!), you’ve been tagged!!

Oh, and Blogreader, thanks! This was fun!

29 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice history & future story u have...well...seems very the same for me 2...except i didn't go to essex and jatuh dlm bin...(he..he..he..)anyway enjoy life till u can...

-R-

2:17 AM  
Blogger About Blogreader said...

Oooo music lover, eh? Let's swap music tips some time!

Btw, "Sharifah Blogreader"... wah, so nice to have someone named after me!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i read, i was thinking of some smart-alecky comments to put down her, tup2 dah kena tag, aiseh nanti terburai la suma apa yg di control2 cun selama ni ha ha ha.

niway, nak komen gak:
1. yes pls somebody do tell me what the heck happened to our girl MONA ha ha ha.
2.i was never ever in my whole life below 40kg, trajis trajis

niway will blog abt this next week, this wiken merenderk lagi...

11:24 AM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

oh below 40 is not a good weight for mammies. apa budak2 tu nak peluk sehh.

u're doing well so far! may ALL your dreams come true huh lahleng?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

eh suma asik mention weight jer.

i cant imagine dena fell into the bin! u must be so tiny!

4:36 PM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

i am, too, still fascinated with the MONA gersEng thingy. Can't imagine ur reaction then. Heh! heh!
Good start - good life.. May all ur dreams come true :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

R : jatuh dalam bin tu memang "hari ini dalam sejarah"

blogreader : yeah..that'll be fun! Sharifah Blogreader it is then!

atn: oiiii jalan lagi??? amboi! amboi! I was never below 40kgs after I turned 12-13 years old!! Now, no hope lah. Have settled for the fact that I look better with "weight"!

nazrah: alhamdulillah, what else can I say eh? weight and all!

ely: lemme just say this, the bin wasn't that small but could fit my bum lah! fell in bum first!! and had my legs frantically "waving" at people!! dah lah was in baju kurung!! ambik gambar raya!! memalukan sungguh! Sungguh tak anggun atau elegant! ciss!

6:12 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

torts: hehehe..the first few chapters that we managed to read taught us all we needed to know about da birds and da bees! BUT!! I still wanna know the ending!!?

6:13 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

WOW! Aerobics Queen? Mannnnn am I impressed or what...Someday soon we shd start a class for all those overweight animals in the zoo, me as your assistant, among the elephants and hippos (so I can appear small) yes? Hehehehe

You have packed quite a bit in your life and wonderful that you are raring to go .... Yes yes, please have girls..I can give your tips on what NOT to do ;->

My eldest asked the d-i-l after you left, "You mean my mum has friends she meets on the Internet????" Hahahaha. Welcome to the 'real' world my dear son.

Did you notice that they were 'noticing' you? I didnt but after you left they said, "Oh! She is so sweet and beautiful and blahblah.." Enough! We don't want you with a swollen head, do we?

And yes enjoy kids while they are small, because small kids small problems, big kids BIG problems. This from most mothers, I am sure.

And you still want to know what happened to MONA? :)

All the best in the world for you and hope you remain the same, sweet sensible and intelligent.

8:27 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

maya: omigosh!! Are u telling me u've read Mona Gersang and that you know the ending??? Like that, we have to have another coffee session, this time, my place! Oh...also for tips on you-know-what-NOT-to-do.

Yes, you're a cool mama. Even cooler than us "youngsters"! Internet friends all over the world!

Did they say that about me?? Too late! my head and everything else swollen already!! I'm still amazed at how close they are. Hope my sons will be like that some day.

We have to have coffee again when u r free!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

anedra, thanks for reminding me abt where i was on your wedding day - five years ago! No I remember I was in Paris - it was cold and doing coverage of Dr @s visit there and called you and cried cos I couldnt be there!
When i read this entry yesterday at uni, i had to stifle my laughter when i read about you being a nightliner...imagine you listening to all these problems and then in that flat tone of yours -"ye ker?....really?"
and you'll be reading some romantic novels! hahaha!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anedra,

Very sweet and simple. It seems that both of us are planning to have babies next year. Insyallah...I really love to have a twin, so that i can 'catch the train' as yours...heheh..by the way, is norzie pregnant? Just wondering

Aske'

9:53 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

kakteh: i remember it too well too. I cried my eyes out that night in between the ceremonies. *masa u call kena control or else habis make up. I was just about to cut the wedding cake then!* N thought it was wedding jitters and went "oh no" and was like, who's this MakTeh?? hahaha!

nightline brought out the flat-toner in me. especially when I had to listen to those Startrek freaks talk about Startrek for hours and hours.

aske': I hope yr wish for twins comes true. I wouldn't mind a batch of em myself! But girls please! hahaha!

12:02 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

wow, dancing queen (dance little lady dance, c'mon dance dance dance!) and aerobics too!

Kow tow kow tow!

oh the rubbish bin incident, haiya... should reconsider lah whether i want people to know that i know you, ye lah kan, not good for my image.

and, pass the baton to me? Hmm... must clean up closet and choose carefully which dirty linen and skeleton can display.

You've certainly done well your 30 years of living!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi anedra
cool stuff! i almost forgot to name my best friends back in Std 5..aiyoh...those were the best times. when you gaduh and don't want to friend her anymore, tomorrow you end up gossiping again! ~mayakirana~

3:32 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

ood: eh, the bin incident is ok what? HOW many people have fallen into a bin before? How many?? How many?? Tak ramai! So I am one in a zillion! And at least I know what the inside of a garbage bin looks like (just like that Grouch on Sesame Street!)!!

mayakirana: hello there! yes, those were the days indeed. when nasi lemak was 50sen one packet..and nurses would come to shool to teach u how to brush your teeth..and going to toilet also must go with a friend.. sighh..wish I was that age again!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Lydia Teh said...

Anedra, enjoyed reading your life story. Asklah Kak Teh and I how to have girls, we both have a couple each :) All the best.

11:49 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

zaireen: hey, that's my middle name!

lydia: cannot ask kakteh. she'd blush and stammer all the way! she hasn't even read mona gersang!

narfy: haiyaa...itu cerita lama! now no more there..very far from it in fact!

9:29 PM  
Blogger I Feel Good said...

May all that you wish for come true, insyaallah. What's important is to grow old gracefully, kan:)
Thank you for the b-day wish for my mom,Dena! Bila ye nak pi Kay ELL celebrate?

10:48 PM  
Blogger mag.nolia said...

Another interesting one! :D

Hey, my friend recommends this chart if you plan to have a boy or girl... She says it worked for her and 90% of the people who have conceived. In the age column, you have to plus 1, ie, if you're 30 this year, +1, so that's 31 and follow the row for 31.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/ttcsigns/0,,j736,00.html

By the way, what are the 2005 prophecies?? I want to know. But if personal, nevermind lah... :D

9:54 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

apples: thanks.. itu lah, bila nak datang KL??

hartini: I'm a sucker for these things ie.prophecies. not that u shd believe them all the time, but some are pretty relevant Islamic wise. Plus, it's always good to "beringat" kan? gimme yr email, and I'll send some stuff over to you.

and..thanks for the url! will go see and try! ;p

8:40 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

very the quiet here. Busy reading the ehem... charts?

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me started :D I love reading Nostradamus prophecies!! And some have come true... it's scary! But I am not a true believer in everything he had to say - it's all just for fun. Still have to have iman in Islam, right. :) Yes, pls email me hartini at gmail dot com :)

And when you follow the chart, conceived, delivered and it's a girl, let me know!! Definitely will follow that chart when my turn comes :D Try nasib :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

oody darling: I-yam here! having a major flat-toner attack, where 1. I have nothing to say 2. I have nothing to say 3. I have nothing to say. SO what can I say eh?

Hartini: I will definitely go promo all out if this works!! I will even become spokes woman of this thing if it comes out a girl! ;p Ok..nanti I email u when I manage to gid the stuff out k? take care!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

I always get so tickled with your postings!! So humorous and alive!! It's as though I can see you bouncing up and down as you write them!! LOL

*GASPS*!!!!

Just one thing!!!

*DOUBLE GASP*!!!

We share the SAME wedding anniversary!!! Same day, same year!! How COOL is THAT??!!!

Oh, and yes, yes, I'm almost back to earth, Anedra, just transitting over at Jupiter a while. SO much work to do to break through the asteroid belt before I can even reach Mars you know!! Ni lah, kalau pi cuti panjang-panjang kat Pluto!! Hehehe

So that delayed blogspot WILL come!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

You wrote:

"hartini: I'm a sucker for these things ie.prophecies. not that u shd believe them all the time, but some are pretty relevant Islamic wise. Plus, it's always good to "beringat" kan? gimme yr email, and I'll send some stuff over to you."

Oooh, I know, I know!! My thoughts EXACTLY!! Lagi2 after Katrina, right?? Those big floods!! Just one more to go!! *takut* :(

5:54 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

blabs! believe it or not, I've missed you! Trust me honey, I no bouncing is involved when I write. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't, despite round-like, ball-type large derrier that I have!

serious sh*t?? We share the same anniversary?? that's so cool!! same year too?? wow!!!

prophecies?? I am a sucker for em, and they make my life miserable sometimes! hehe! BUT the good thing about it, is that it makes me do a personal "check" on myself. Especially the really "mengerikan" kinds. Memang TAKUT!

oklah! will be waiting for "KLto Dundee"!!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeng JeJeng!!

i'd like to be anonymous, but i want you to know that i am waiting for some uh ... stuff.

Sum people you know are waiting rather impatiently, you know...

photocopier can, the car can also.

hehehe...

12:29 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

anon but i know who u are: will post something..will be jengjeng related. tinted car? must scout for location first. behind copier?? that means right in front of bosses room? *mau mati ka?*

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home