Because of The Blogreader
...I have now been tagged for 20 years of history and 10 years of forecast! Alamak! Can this brain of mine really hold that much information? Lemme see what I can korek for you then! (by the way your name is waaay cool..can I name my daughter after you?)
20 years ago. 1985. 10 years old. Probably 20++ kgs
1. Standard Four. Class teacher, Mrs Rai. Favourite subject – English and Sejarah. High on collecting Hello Kitty stickers and stuff. Was also in school choir.
2. Best friends at that time were Teoh Su Chin and Lim Geok Shin.
3. Favourite singer Michael Jackson
4. Growing strange bumps on upper region of body. Mighty painful I tell ya.
5. Made a trip to Sabah to visit cousins Ju and Hira for year end school holidays. Had fun imagining/playing we were Ninjas. Also had rooftop taekwondo lessons from Uncle Amin and I broke his glasses trying out a flying kick on one session. We weren’t very girlish, no.
6. At Sabah: went to a welding workshop and got the guys there to make us Ninja Stars to throw at boards erected in the house compound, errr… and at stray dogs.
7. Got busted (with Ju and Hira) reading “Mona Gersang” at Wan’s house in Kuala Pilah. (You see Wan, the REAL question is,”WHOSE BOOK WAS THAT?”) And the next question is WHAT WAS THE ENDING LIKE?? WHAT HAPPENED TO MONA?" Does anyone out there know?
10 years ago. 1995. 20 years old. 40++ kgs at beginning of year.
1. Essex Girl at Essex University
2. Started second year in autumn 1995 majoring in Accounting and Financial Management
3. One boyfriend. Very serious. Very in love. Very roller-coaster like affair. Very pening but very happy to be in love.
4. One on-off crush despite very serious boyfriend as per no.3 above (it’s allowed, no?). That went no where. Sighhhh. My heart still flutters when I see his photos. Help me God!
5. Deejaying on Essex Uni Radio Station with a show called the Midnight Blues aired every Wednesday and Sunday nights. No one listened to it cos it was at midnight when everyone else was dancing at the dancehalls!
6. Also a Nightliner (where you sit long nights in a room with tea listening to people/strangers pour out problems or discuss Startrek.)
7. Quit Nightline. Was becoming a cuckoo myself.
8. Made fast, firm lifetime friends with AJ, Karen, Asad, Rose, Nathalie and gang
9. Danced. A LOT.
10. Aerobics queen of Essex University
11. Worked as receptionist during summer holidays, where I graciously and gracefully proposed to a stranger on the other line (hello?????) Go here for the full story.
12. Fell into garbage bin in Square 1 of University witnessed by the whole of the Malaysian Community on campus. (I made history..I was more amused by the fact that I actually fit into the bin!!)
5 years ago. 2000. 25 years old. Above 45 kgs
1. Got married on 29 January to a bald man that I’ve only known for 6 months or so.
2. Went to visit the Pyramids and The River Nile on a cold and romantic honeymoon in Egypt
3. Conceived sometime then.
4. Pregnant for a major chunk of the year
5. Learnt how to cook asam pedas and make sambal belacan and clean fish!
6. Gave birth to a very handsome, bald baby by the name of Syed Nasar.
7. Promoted. Alhamdulillah. I needed the extra cash!
3 years ago. 2002. 27 years old. Above 50kgs.
1. Gave birth to my second very handsome baby boy. This one had hair. We named him Syed Nasri.
2. Busy at work. Travelling too much.
3. Another promotion. Alhamdulillah, but which also meant MORE work!!
4. Building a new house, near the zoo
5. Already a super cook. No one has died yet!
I year ago. 2004. 29 years old. Still above 50kgs.
1. Discovered that 2nd baby needs help and that I need to be very, very strong
2. Whirlwind family holiday in Rome and Venice. Supposedly, our 2nd honeymoon..but with 2 kids in tow..all the romance tak jadi!
3. Dad finally FINALLY retired and is now at home harassing mom! (hahaha!)
This year. 2005. 30 years old. Dare I say it?? Above 55kgs!! YIKES!
1. Enjoying my two sons to the max
2. Working on becoming a better Muslim
3. Considering heating up the oven and getting some bun baking action. BUT must lose weight first and must make sure the bun will turn out FEMALE. How??
4. Considering a career change, I am becoming a permanent fixture in this current outfit..I’ll soon become antique!
5. Considering no career at all. But I probably won’t survive that
6. Am perpetually on diet. Ohhhh..when will this end????
7. Discovered Blogspot and made so many lovely friends. Yes, that’s YOU.
8. Discovered Blogspot and my phonebills are running sky high.
9. Discovered Blogspot and my husband thinks I have a secret life! haha!
10.Wrote a song for the first time. Still can’t believe it. Thanks Intan!
11. Am a very happy woman
Next year. 31 years old. 50kgs
1. Please note, I would have lost weight
2. Will have become a better Muslim, mother, wife, daughter, sister etc..etc
3. Will have a daughter by year end
4. Will have survived all the bad 2005 prophecies. Tell me it ain’t true!
5. Would have enough money to not work in this office and to be able to start up something on my own and work from home!
6. Will still be a very happy woman
10 years from now. Year 2015. 40 years old. Less than 50kgs
1. Would want to be a counselor or a trainer. In what? I haven’t figured yet. Will decide in 2 years time.
2. Sons would be 15yrs and 13yrs each. Probably going through an identity crisis and discovering girls! (This’ll be fun!)
3. Hubby will be 50 years old. Hopefully, retired already, not a grouch and farts less.
4. Will have 4 kids in total. 2 boys and 2 girls or 3 boys and 1 girl or 4 boys (eeeks!)
5. Would have survived mid-life crisis
6. Will be time to start giving back to society. Don’t ask me how. I just will..somehow.
Most of all, I want to be alive and healthy and be able to enjoy the full circle of life, grandkids, leaking bladders (not) and all!
Next! OODY, Atenah, Pak Ajie Kapai and ,Kak Cik (so you must update your blog!), you’ve been tagged!!